The ISACA Central Maryland Chapter invites you to our virtual training event on Thursday, November 12, 2020. ISACA Members, cyberaudit, assurance, Cybersecurity Nexus (CSX), risk management, governance, and internal control professionals and practitioners new to the field and those with years of experience will benefit from this event. The training event offers an opportunity to build onto your knowledge and skills. The training session is a webinar via a Zoom link you will receive a day prior to the event.
Speaker: Johan Lindros (Bios are located under the "Speakers" tab)
Topic: IT Audit/IT RIsk Roundtable
Discuss top IT audit issues, IT risks, cyber and IT best practices during an interactive session with experienced IT/IT audit professionals. This session will include in-depth discussion of key IT audit issues, IT trends, IT/IT security/cyber best practices and best IT audit practices. In the era of information overflow what are the best resources available for IT auditors? We will dig down into available IT/IT security standards available and coming in the near future of which many are available for free. This session includes active knowledge sharing of your key success factors or challenges. We will use interactive tools in the discussion to create an interactive session and input from the participants. Some of the topics that been discussed in past are:
• IT and IT security standards/practices – Recent updates to be aware of
• IT governance – Your most important audit
• Pandemic key risk areas
• Biggest IT audit challenges
• How to build IT audit value
• IT asset management – what to audit and what is accepted practices
• Cyber risk / Cyber security audit approaches
• IT risk assessments from and audit perspective
• Network security – What to audit and how
• Root cause analysis – Why a must
• IoT, IoMT, SCADA – The weakest link?
• Information/data governance a forgotten risk?
• What is a good approach for IT security assessments?
• Independent assurance (SOC, CMMC, HITRUST, FedRAMP, CMME, etc.) what are the pros and cons?
• And many more topics.
We promise you a high knowledge value session.