The Detroit Chapter of ISACA is happy to announce the upcoming Spring Seminar covering the topic: Managing and Auditing Cybersecurity - Data, Infrastructure and Applications. This two-day seminar will be held on May 6 and 7 (Monday and Tuesday) at the Michigan State University Management Education Center, 811 W. Square Lake Road in Troy, MI 48098. Class will begin each day at 8:30 A.M. and will conclude around 5:00 P.M. A light breakfast and lunch will be served each day.
A seminar outline is below:
- Cybersecurity overview
- Understanding the recent cybersecurity regulations and how they are raising the bar of the required security controls
- DFS Part 500, Cybersecurity Requirements for Financial Institutions, impact on many organizations across the US
- Implementing a Cybersecurity program using the NIST and other frameworks
- Establishing models to drive decision making processes for security technology
- Cybersecurity approaches when using third party service providers
- Conducting Cybersecurity and Data Privacy Audits
- Alternatives to approaching the Cybersecurity Audits
- In-depth auditing techniques for Cybersecurity focus areas
- Network Security
- Host-level Security
- Database security
- Application and mid-tier security
- Control of PII
- Implementing and Auditing Incident Management and Data Breach Handling processes which includes enhancement requirements mandated by GDPR and other regulation
- Understanding how controls over production access are being bypassed
- Ineffective security design & management approaches
The seminar instructor, Mitch Levine of Audit Serve Inc., has an established track record of taking complex industry requirements and structuring them within an education program that breaks the topic into easy to understand approaches based on his “real life” audit and systems deployment experiences.
CPE for the session will total 15 hours and certificates will be sent to the attendees via email. For those attending, the cost of the seminar will be $100 for an ISACA professional member or an ISACA student member, and $275* for a non-ISACA professional member or $125* for a non-ISACA student. To attend you must pre-register since walk-ins will not be accepted.
So mark your calendar for this important date and take advantage of one of the unique opportunities associated with being a member of ISACA.
*The non-member fee includes one full year of ISACA International and ISACA Detroit chapter membership.