Non-ISACA event, worth 2 CPEs. Must self report.
Do Your Part #BeCyberSmart
We are proud to offer this event in cooperation with SIM Wisconsin which has joined the growing international support for Cybersecurity Awareness Month by making this event their monthly membership meeting.
Theme: Cyber Resilience takes people with awareness, knowledge, and skills. This theme will be the emphasis through out the sessions of this event. People must be equipped with understanding to #BeCyberSmart.
Audience: The intended audience is
- individuals interested in any aspects of cybersecurity who wish to #BeCyberSmart
- professionals in various industries and roles that span information owners, risk and compliance mangers, and cybersecurity pros who want to help their communities to #BeCyberSmart
Format: Do You Part #BeCyberSmart is a virtual meeting that will feature the following:
- an opening Executive Engagement panel
- two parallel exercise sessions for attendees to develop personal action plans
- five parallel sessions to discuss important topics in cybersecurity awareness.
Complete details about the program can be found at this link.
- 9:00 AM Welcome
- 9:15 AM Executive Engagement Panel
- 10:00 AM Parallel attendee exercises (one will feature sharing personal experiences and action plans while the other will discuss knowledge and skills required by hiring managers)
- 10:45 AM Parallel panels (Educational Opportunities, Government Policy, Vendors of Innovation in Awareness products and services, Regulations & Compliance, Women in Cybersecurity)
- 11:30 Dismissal
Presenter & panels: Panelists for the Executive Engagement session include experienced executives with a passion for cybersecurity David Cagigal (former CIO for the State of Wisconsin), Ariel Evans (best-selling author and Risk Management expert), Angela Johnson (CISO at Children's Hospital Wisconsin), Sheldon Cuffie (CISO American Family Insurance) and Steve Thomas (Chief Risk and Compliance Officer, Kohl's). The Executive Engagement panel will be followed by two parallel attendee exercises to develop personal action plans and then include five parallel panel sessions on the following topics:
- Education Opportunities to pursue careers,
- Government Policies (including election security),
- a vendor panel on Innovation in Awareness products and services,
- awareness of Regulations & Compliance including the new CA regulation,
- topics of interest to Women in Cybersecurity