The ISACA Gaborone Chapter was established in 2014 and officially has a reach that covers a 50km radius of Gaborone, Botswana. As the only Chapter in Botswana, there are currently members who reside outside of this geographical area.
The vision of the Chapter is to be the leading professional organisation in Botswana for business leaders in technology, information and cyber security, governance, risk and innovation.
Our strategic mission is to support the professional development of our members, promote the education of, and help expand the knowledge and skills of its members in the interrelated fields of auditing, quality assurance, and security, IS audit and control, and IT governance and to enhance the benefits of structured IT governance, control and security in Botswana.
The top 3 strategic initiatives are:
- Close engagement and partnership with the public sector, regulators and educational institutions
- Greater recognition and visibility in the private sector
- Wider acceptance of ISACA certifications, including CISA, CRISC, CGEIT, CISM, CSX and any that may be launched.
Our role as a Chapter is to:
- Encourage an open exchange of information systems audit and control, quality assurance, and security techniques, approaches, and problem solving by its members.
- Promote adequate communication to keep members abreast of current events in IS audit and control, quality assurance, and security fields that can be of benefit to them and their employers.
- Communicate to management, auditors, universities, and to IS professionals the importance of establishing controls necessary to ensure the effective organisation and utilisation of IT resources.
- To promote the Association's professional certifications.
The Chapter is run by a board of volunteers who are all ISACA members and were elected to their positions for a two-year term in office by their fellow Chapter members.