This event is hosted by the South Caroline Midlands ISACA Chapter. members of Greater Kansas City Chapter ISACA (ISACA KC) in good standing as of May 19, 2020, will receive member rates and CPEs as described..
ISACA Members: $50
Members of Other Organizations - $75
Non-Members - $100Affiliated Professionals - Send us your up-to-date membership card and email address to email@example.com before registering. You must be in our database with this designation to receive the price above.
Auditing Microsoft 365 and Azure Cloud Security tools - presented by Robert Brzezinski
This course is for auditors and security teams responsible for security and compliance of their Microsoft 365 and Azure Active Directory (AzureAD) environments. This course will provide students with knowledge and practical skills to audit Microsoft 365 (M365) tenants, and to improve security of Microsoft 365 configuration and monitoring capabilities. This course is designed with real world scenarios in mind to provide practical, effective approaches for asking and answering compliance questions, reviewing M365 before and auditing M365 after solution adoption; to present practitioner approach to continuous audit, monitoring, and creating additional security and compliance visibility. At the end of the course student will be able to effectively audit Microsoft 365 configuration and organization compliance, understand and improve security of the environment, and implement basic continuous audit and monitoring of the organization Microsoft 365 tenant.
At course completion students will be able to:
- Answer questions and describe how Microsoft 365 complies with various regulatory frameworks and data protection standards
- Assure proper basic Microsoft 365 configuration before solution adoption and email migration
- Audit Microsoft 365 configuration after adoption (email migration) using graphical user interface (GUI) – Azure Active Directory (AzureAD), Security & Compliance center (e.g. DLP, Anti-phishing, anti-malware policies, alerts), Cloud App Security (shadow IT discovery), Microsoft 365 Admin center, Exchange, SharePoint, Teams, Intune.
- Audit specific Microsoft 365 elements that require use of PowerShell
- Understand and use Security & Compliance Center for continuous audit / monitoring
- Understand Windows Defender Security ATP Center (WDATP) role and capabilities in protecting the organization
- Understand how Azure security tools can enhance organization security and compliance, by integrating data from multiple computing platforms and environments.
- Understand how Microsoft 365 cybersecurity strategy works and protects users, devices and data.
Audience profile: This course is intended for IT professional, managers, system administrators, cybersecurity teams and auditors responsible for managing, securing and auditing Microsoft 365 environments (tenants).
After you have completed your registration, you may re-enter the event. Go the Class Materials Tab. Any pertinent material for you will be there. If it is not up yet, be sure to check back three or four days prior to class to download class slides or other materials for class. You will need to use your confirmation number to re-enter the event website. After the input of that number, look for the Class Material Tab along the top of the Summary Page.
Workshop recording can only be distributed to class attendees upon request and upon signing written acknowledgement that you will NOT share or further distribute the recording.
CPE CERTIFICATES: 10 CPES are awarded for your attendance at this class.
After participation is recorded, you will receive the Feedback Survey in an email from firstname.lastname@example.org requesting completion of the survey. Once completed, you will receive an email with a link to print and save your CPE certificate. The CPE certificates downloads and you will see this as a file labeled "badge..." in the bottom left corner of your screen or in your download file. You must not have opted out of our email to allow this to work. Please notify us if you have difficulty receiving your CPE Certificate.