Please note that the speaker this month will be physically located in Lexington. Louisville and remote attendees will view the presentation via a video feed. Street addresses for the Louisville and Lexington locations are listed below.
Building Diverse Teams through Mentoring, Coaching, and Training! How do you Market and Find New Talent?
Our talk will discuss the importance of building diverse teams and provide guidance on how to put this into practice:
- How job descriptions eliminate potential candidates based on how they are written
- Where to find diverse candidates
- How can leaders create a work environment where inclusion and diversity are natural and candidates feel welcome
We will also specifically discuss the value of:
- Finding a Mentor
- Finding a Coach
- Self-taught / Online Resources
- College coursework
- Instructor lead
- Community events, conferences, and networking
- Other Resources
Jana Moore and Connie Matthews-Reynolds
Jana Moore is the Director of Information Security at Cardinal Health leading the Business Information Security Officer (BISO) and Security Awareness organizations for the global company. In her prior role, Jana led and set the strategic vision for the Security Operations space, and in 2018, opened Cardinal Health’s first purpose-built Cyber Command Center providing a center of excellence and fusion center for the organization.
Jana is a founding member and serves on the Board of Directors for the nonprofit EmpoWE-R Women of InfoSec, is a member of the Central Ohio ISSA and Infragard Chapters, Corporate Executive Board - Information Risk Leadership Council, Executive Women’s Forum, Tech Savvy Women of Columbus, Help A Sister Up program, Advisor to Shawnee State University’s Cyber Security program, a member of Cardinal Health Women’s Initiative Network (WIN) and serves on the Cardinal Health Disability Advocates Network (DAN) steering committee. Jana is a Columbus native and studied Psychology at The Ohio State University and Otterbein University. Outside of work, Jana and her husband enjoy keeping up with their toddler, Ryan James.
Connie Mathews has been in the Information Security industry for over 16 years, as a trusted advisor. She has worked with hundreds of global and small and medium businesses in building their information security programs and helping organizations understand their risks around People, Process and Technology. Connie’s passion drove her to start her own company, ReynCon Educational Services & Training, offering Cyber Security training to help educate companies and individuals seeking to build more awareness toward both soft and technical cybersecurity training.
Connie believes in the importance of giving back to the community, she serves as:
- Founding member of EmpoWE-R Women of InfoSec
- Advisor to Tiffin University’s Cyber Security Program
- Central Ohio OWASP Board Member (Application Security Group)
- Central Ohio ISSA Board Member (Information Security Group)
- Volunteer of the Year for ISSA International
- Key advisor/organizer for the Central Ohio Info Security Conference for over 12 Years
- ICMCP Board Member – Columbus Chapter
- Named: 181 Top Women in Cybersecurity to follow on Twitter by Cybercrime Magazine
- Named as Who’s Who to follow in Columbus Business First
Outside of work, she enjoys spending time with her husband, Brad and their two dogs Tex and Woody.
Remote Attendees can join the event via the Zoom link below
Join URL: https://zoom.us/j/725350625
Louisville Area Location
752 Barret Ave
Louisville, KY 40204
Parking: There is parking behind the building as well as across the street at Kindred Hospital
541 Darby Creek Rd #270
Lexington, KY 40509