The course is designed to help ensure that both students and professionals discover, understand, and are equipped with enough knowledge to pursue the CSX Fundamentals Certificate and hold meaningful conversations with IT professionals. The cost of the two-day course is £195 for members and £245 for non-members. The early bird rate of £145 for members and £195 for non-members will apply until 4th March, 2020 (please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to book your place).
- Learn why cyber professionals are in-demand, not just in the UK, but throughout the world, and discover the various IT-related careers available;
- Gain insight on IT and cybersecurity related issues and topics organizations face on a regular basis; and
- Be armed with a better understanding of IT and cybersecurity related issues and topics in order to hold more meaningful conversations with their peers in IT security.
ISACA’s Cybersecurity (CSX) is the premier cyber security resource, offering everything you need to go beyond what’s expected and stay ahead of the curve in the ever-changing cyber landscape.
ISACA is the only organization in the cyber security field that provides a single, comprehensive source for performance-based certification, networking, professional membership, training, and education. Whether you want to grow, learn, or connect with thought leaders in the industry, CSX will elevate your career today and tomorrow.
NOTE: The course is intended to introduce cybersecurity topics to both students and professionals with limited or no background and experience with cybersecurity.
The Cybersecurity Fundamentals Course will provide learners with principles of data and technology that frame and define cybersecurity. Learners will gain insight into the importance of cybersecurity and the integral role of cybersecurity professionals. The interactive, self-guided format will provide a dynamic learning experience where users can explore foundational cybersecurity principles, security architecture, risk management, attacks, incidents, and emerging IT and IS technologies. The course will cover strategy and techniques for passing the exam.
Course Learning Objectives:
- Explain the core information assurance (IA) principles
- Identify the key components of cybersecurity network architecture
- Apply cybersecurity architecture principles
- Describe risk management processes and practices
- Identify security tools and hardening techniques
- Distinguish system and application security threats and vulnerabilities
- Describe different classes of attacks
- Define types of incidents including categories, responses and timelines for response
- Describe new and emerging IT and IS technologies
- Analyze threats and risks within context of the cybersecurity architecture
- Appraise cybersecurity incidents to apply appropriate response
- Evaluate decision making outcomes of cybersecurity scenarios
- Access additional external resources to supplement knowledge of cybersecurity
Course study material will be distributed in .pdf format, but it is highly recommended that attendees purchase the official CSX Exam Guide
- Allan Boardman CISA CISM CGEIT CRISC CISSP is an independent business advisor helping organizations manage their information, technology, cybersecurity and privacy risks. He is a regular presenter and keynote speaker at conferences around the world and regularly runs training courses and workshops on IT assurance, risk, security, and governance topics. He started his career at Deloitte in Cape Town where he qualified as a Chartered Accountant before moving to London in 1986. He has held audit, risk, security and governance leadership positions at GSK, Morgan Stanley, JPMorgan, Goldman Sachs, PwC and KPMG.
- He is a Past President of ISACA London Chapter and has served on ISACA International’s Board of Directors, Strategic Advisory Council, Leadership Development Committee and chaired its Credentialing and Career Management Board, CISM Certification Committee and Audit and Risk Committee. He currently serves on ISACA’s CGEIT Certification Working Group.
- In 2014, he received the ISACA Chair’s Award which recognizes an individual who has made an exceptional impact on ISACA or the business technology profession and in 2019 he received ISACA’s Eugene M. Frank Award for Meritorious Performance which recognizes an individual whose longstanding service in multiple roles, including key volunteer leadership positions, has contributed to ISACA’s global success. He is included in ISACA’s 2018 and 2019 Top-rated Speakers list.
- He volunteered at the London 2012, Sochi 2014, Rio 2016 and PyeongChang 2018 Olympics and Paralympics, the 2019 Special Olympics World Games in Abu Dhabi, and numerous other major sporting events in 2018 and 2019 including athletics, hockey, cycling, cricket, canoeing and F1 racing, and the Glastonbury music festival. In 2020 he volunteered at the Lausanne2020 Youth Olympic Games in St. Moritz.
- In the past two years he has delivered training courses for ISACA’s CISA, CISM and CRISC certifications and Cybersecurity Fundamentals, as well as bespoke Cybersecurity and Risk workshops, presentations and keynotes at ISACA and other conferences across the globe including Los Angeles, New York, Dallas, Chicago, Nanjing, Hong Kong, Singapore, Johannesburg, Windhoek, Lisbon, Belgrade, Geneva, Athens, Limassol, Milan, Nice and across the UK.