As we go into the new normal of WFH culture, the acceleration and greater opportunity for digitalization become more pronounced. Digital infrastructure to conduct business is very crucial with cybersecurity remains as one of the top concerns. To ensure cybersecurity ecosystem sustainability and its role as the enabler to digital economy, Malaysia needs qualified and ready cybersecurity talent.
Our chapter is happy to support one of MDEC’s digital initiative in conducting a Hiring Behaviour Survey with the objective to understand the industry gap and demand of cybersecurity new talent and professional for the next 6 to 12 months.
This survey would be helpful in identifying the government initiatives that can be leveraged on by your respective organizations to address any potential cybersecurity challenge faced given the current economic and digitalization taking place.
Should you participate in this survey, your response will assist in the followings: -
- Address the market demand for new talent and skills gap
- Support the industry in scoping down and prioritising the type of cybersecurity capacity and capability development program needed to bridge the talent gap.
- Partnering with the relevant on-going Government scheme
- Match with program partners of the government initiatives to obtain the much-needed cybersecurity talent i.e. new talent and professional to fill the market demand;
- Contribute to the efforts of unemployment rate reduction in Malaysia
- Identify initiatives that will help your respective organisation
- Assist in promoting any new talent or potential candidate to fill up any vacancy in your organizations moving forward where MDEC could funnel the talent that have been trained through its Cybersecurity Capacity and Capability Development Programme e.g Career Comeback Programme, NxForce.
If you would like to participate in this survey, kindly provide your responses at the following link before 15th March 2021.
NOTE: As this is a 3rd Party Initiative that our chapter is happy to support, ISACA Malaysia Chapter members who wish to join the survey should be willing to share their contact details with MDEC for the survey findings purposes.