Subject: Save the date! October 5, 2019 ISACA CommunITy Day
On October 5, 2019, the ISACA Milwaukee Chapter and The Beat Goes On Foundation in conjunction with ISACA chapters around the world, are celebrating ISACA CommunITy Day! Join ISACA members and supporters as we exemplify our purpose, promise, and values with a day of service and giving back to our communities. Not only can we can help individuals realize the positive potential of technology, but together, we can help people realize the positive potential of ISACA's global society.
WHO: Anyone that wants to give back to their community and support great causes!
WHAT: Join the ISACA Milwaukee Chapter by helping to benefit The Beat Goes On Foundation with a mission to improve the quality of life for children diagnosed with heart disease and defects. The Beat Goes On Foundation focuses on increasing awareness, raising funds, and investing in impactful research that will lead to achieving “one transplant for life.” https://www.thebeatfoundation.com
Donate to, or volunteer at the charity or cause of your choice
HOW: You can help in many ways including:
- Donate Online to The Beat Goes On Foundation @ https://www.thebeatfoundation.com/donate. You can buy items on the Amazon Wish List.
- Donate in Person at Fox’s Pub (4395 S 76th St, Greenfield, WI 53220)
- Bring your monetary or donation item(s)* to our chapter #ISACACommunITyDay event where you can meet The Beat Goes On Foundation founders, the Roehling family in person! The Beat Goes On Foundation is especially looking for push cars for children in the Cardiac Intensive Care Unit (CICU) at Children's Hospital of Wisconsin.
- Dine in at Fox’s Pub – 10% of all sales will go to The Beat Goes On Foundation! The Beat Goes On Foundation supports heart hero families while inpatient at the hospital, raises awareness of pediatric organ donation, and invests in impactful heart research.
- Volunteer with a charity of your choice -
- If you spend time in a formal volunteer role on ISACA CommunITyDay that is not organized by the ISACA Milwaukee Chapter, you can still log your contributions afterward by Logging into the app and following the instructions in ISACA CommunITyDay Participant Instructions.pdf
- During your volunteer service, you can also post photos and videos on social media using #ISACACommunITyDay
WHERE: Fox’s Pub, 4395 S 76th St, Greenfield, WI 53220
Follow the hashtag #ISACACommunITyDay or the live feed on the ISACA CommunITy Day webpage on October 5 as ISACA members worldwide have fun while giving back to the community!
WHEN: October 5 2019, 11:00 AM – 5:00 PM
WHY: Give back to your local community and follow ISACA’s worldwide impact
The Beat Goes On Foundation collects items for patients at the Cardiac Intensive Care Unit (CICU) at Children's Hospital of Wisconsin. As part of ISACA CommunITy Day, we will be collecting these items at Fox’s Pub (4395 S 76th St, Greenfield, WI 53220) on October 5, 2019.
The Beat Goes On Foundation is especially looking for push cars for the CICU at Children’s Hospital. However; below is an additional list of items that would support these patients and make their stay more comfortable. You can also view the Amazon Wish List and purchase these items online!
- Munchkin Lulla-Vibe Vibrating Mattress Pad
- Booster seats and/or Bumbos (with feeding tray)
- Baby Swings
- Playmats and/or Jumpers
- Socks (NB - Adolescence)
- Boppy pillows
- DVDs and CDs (early childhood development, Disney music, soothing sounds, etc)
- Mobiles / soothers / sound machine
- Walkers and/or push car
- Rock n' Play bassinets (bouncers and rockers)
- Fun Bed sheets (crib size)
- Pajamas - separates or footie pj’s appreciated! (no zippers though, they get caught in the cords!)
- Hair bows, ties, ribbons