The IT Boot Camp is broadcast live via a global webinar only. The final class registration day will be closed on October 26th, 2020 at 11:45 pm. No exceptions are made.
Dates and Times: All times are New York time (Eastern Standard Time). Please click here to check time and date in your location.
Sunday, November 1st, 2020 form 9:00 AM to 5:30 PM (EST)
General: There are 300 plus distinct disciplines of Information Technology. An IT practitioner specializes in no more than 2 or 3 and may be sometimes in 5 or 6 areas. Such practicing professionals usually have in depth knowledge of such subject matters in which they specialize. However, there are two distinct job areas of IT (a CIO and an IT Auditor) where a professional has to know a little bit of all of such 300 disciplines. Although IT auditors also specialize in two or three other areas due to high interactivity among computer and communications systems, an auditor has to look at the broad picture as well as the area specifically being audited under the audit plan.
This Seminar is for:
- CISA exam takers who do not have strong IT background
- CISA exam takers who have only financial background (MBA, CPA, accounting majors, Chartered Accountants)
- CISA exam takers who do not have strong security background (domain 5 of CISA exam carries a weight of 30 percent)
- CISA exam takers who are not keeping up with technology
- CISM exam takers who need to brush up on security technologies
- CRISC exam takers who don’t have strong IT Background
Instructor: Jay Ranade - CISA, CISM, CRISC, CGEIT, CIA, CRMA, CISSP, ISSAP, CBCP
Focus of this course: This 8-hour seminar will look at the forest of IT rather than individual trees. Almost all of the 300 distinct areas of IT will be covered in this 480-minute presentation. Interactivity and interdependence among such areas will also be discussed. At the conclusion of the seminar, the attendees will come out with an overall picture of the realm of IT and how its various components interact with each other. Wherever possible, different control issues for such areas will also be discussed. Since the domains of IT change on a frequent basis, there will be no handouts for this class. Emphasis will be on the breadth rather than depth. As they say, the contents would be one mile wide and one yard thick. At the conclusion of the seminar, attendees would understand all there is to know about computers and communications components.
Extra Bonus: A free 3 Hours Cryptography webinar for CISA, CISM, CRISC, and CGEIT class attendees (common to all) is offered on TBD 2:30 PM - 5:30 PM (EST).
CPE Credits: 7 CPEs
Refund Policy: 100% Refund before September 30th, 2020. Refund must be requested in writing and will not be accepted after the said date. Note: 30% administration fee will be charged after September 30th 2020
- Anyone who fails to make a payment online will not be considered an attendee. Registering for this class does not automatically register you for CISA exam. Please register for the exam by logging on to ISACA international website: http://www.isaca.org
- CPE credits can be applied toward each ISACA designation that is held. Full CPE credits will be awarded only if all sections of CISA Exam Preparation classes have been attended.
- Extra 3 CPE credits will be awarded only if a Cryptography webinar has been attended.
- Webinar sessions are not being recorded - it's a live broadcast.
- Webinar access instructions are provided 3 days prior to the first day of class.
- For webinar attendees, you can also test if you are able to connect to the gotowebinar website by following the instructions here: http://bit.ly/1JvcdSy
- Handouts will be distributed 3 days before the webinar.