The CDPSE Privacy by Design review class is broadcast live via a global webinar only. The final class registration day will be closed on November 22nd, 2020 at 11:45 pm. No exceptions are made.
Dates and Times: All times are New York time (Eastern Standard Time). Please click here to check time and date in your location.
Sunday, November 29th, 2020 form 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM (EST)
Privacy risk management can be from organizational policies perspective or regulatory compliance perspective. In USA, financial services industry has its privacy requirements enumerated in Graham Leach Bliley Act (GLBA). Healthcare industry has its privacy requirements in Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) and later in HITECH. There are also other institutions governed by privacy acts such as FERPA for educational institutions. Regulatory requirements is the primary driving force for privacy implementations. These days, almost every organization has a Chief Privacy Officer (CPO) to oversee privacy compliance.
Although privacy requirements are regulatory or policy oriented, their implementation is always on information systems. It is very important for IT control and risk management professionals to understand how IT controls will affect privacy compliance.
Having 80+ countries having privacy regulations, how do you comply with all of them? The answer is Privacy by design. ISACA has introduced a new certification called CDPSE which focusses on Privacy By Design. While you are grandfathering that certification w/o passing the exam, do you really know what it is? This one day class gives you highlights of what it is about.
This Seminar is for:
- CPO, Auditors, Privacy by Design professionals, IT Professionals, IT managers, IT project managers. IT Auditors, Control professionals
Instructor: Jay Ranade - CISA, CISM, CRISC, CGEIT, CIA, CRMA, CISSP, ISSAP, CBCP
Focus of this course: This 8-hour seminar will look at the certification of CDPSE's domain and the grandfather requirements.
Some background in controls or auditing or risk management
What Problem Does This Training Help Solve?
Helps you manage privacy risks originating from organizational policies and regulatory requirements based on Design.
Who Should Attend?
Chief Privacy Officers, IT auditors, security professionals, control professionals, healthcare professionals, financial services professionals, and management.
Someone who grandfathered CDPSE certification but is still confused about what it is.
Content-rich manual/course handouts consisting of about 180 foils
Privacy requirements that are related to individuals and data associated with those individuals arise from regulatory requirements such as GLBA, HIPPA, PIPEDA (Canada), GDPR, CCPA etc. This seminar will cover privacy risks from management perspective as well as from an audit perspective. It will include implementation of privacy-related controls, privacy frameworks, privacy risk management, regulatory compliance, privacy policies, the role of the CPO, privacy auditing, and other related topics.
To comply with ISACA certification general focus will be on:
- Privacy Governance
- Privacy Architecture
- Data Lifecycle
Topics to be covered:
- What is Privacy? 12 questions of privacy
- Principles of privacy
- Privacy governance, management, and controls
- Healthcare – HIPAA and HITECH
- Financial services – GLBA
- Privacy risk identification, assessment, treatment, and monitoring
- USA vs. EU privacy
- Safe Harbor vs. Privacy Shield
- Privacy policies
- Standards, procedures
- IT Controls
- IT-GC and IT-AC for Privacy
- Privacy Frameworks
- Privacy Impacts
- 18 elements of PII
- Privacy risk model
- Data location, data ownership, data leakage
- Privacy control objectives and controls
- Internal Auditor’s Role in Privacy
- Auditing Privacy controls
- Privacy considerations for data storage, data processing, and data transmission
- End of life media disposal
- Encryption and access control
- Confidentiality aspect of CIA
- Responsibility and accountability
- Privacy awareness and training of employees
- Third-party exposures
- Trans-border transmission of privacy-related information
- Privacy and cloud computing
- Privacy KRIs and KCIs
Extra Bonus: A free 3 Hours Cryptography webinar for CISA, CISM, CRISC, and CGEIT class attendees (common to all) is offered on TBD 2:30 PM - 5:30 PM (EST).
CPE Credits: 7 CPEs
Refund Policy: 100% Refund before October 29th, 2020. Refund must be requested in writing and will not be accepted after the said date.
- Anyone who fails to make a payment online will not be considered an attendee. To obtain the grandfather for the CDPSE certification please go to ISACA Global website: http://www.isaca.org
- CPE credits can be applied toward each ISACA designation that is held. Full CPE credits will be awarded only if all sections of CISA Exam Preparation classes have been attended.
- Extra 3 CPE credits will be awarded only if a Cryptography webinar has been attended.
- Webinar sessions are not being recorded - it's a live broadcast.
- Webinar access instructions are provided 3 days prior to the first day of class.
- For webinar attendees, you can also test if you are able to connect to the gotowebinar website by following the instructions here: http://bit.ly/1JvcdSy
- Handouts will be distributed 3 days before the webinar.