The final class registration day will be closed on January 5, 2021 at 11:45 pm. No exceptions are made.
" Please register for this class using private email address (gmail, yahoo, aol, hotmail address) and not your organizations's email address. Many organizations block emails with attachments and block webex links"
Dates and Times: All times are New York time (Eastern Standard Time). Please click here to check time and date in your location.
Saturday, January 9th, 2021 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST
Saturday, January 16th, 2021 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST
Prerequisite: IT controls professionals and IT auditors
Benefits of this class: Help attendees prepare for the IT GC bootcamp
Instructor: Jay Ranade, CISA, CISM, CRISC, CGEIT, CISSP, ISSAP, HCISPP, CIA, CRMA, CBCP®
Who should attend: IT professionals and auditors entrusted with implementation and auditing of general controls respectively
Content-rich manual /course handouts consisting of about 430 foils
The following topics will be discussed from control, audit, and assurance perspective:
- IT general controls- theory of controls, Preventive, Detective, Corrective, Compensating, Deterrent, difference between GCC and GACC, DET and OET
- Control objectives and controls, Controls for centralized and distributed processing
- Related frameworks and models: COBIT, ISO 27002, ITIL, CMM
- IT Processes, control objectives, and controls
- Policies, standards, procedures, and guidelines
- SOD (separation of duties) and R&R
- Regulatory requirements and controls: SOX, GDPR, HIPPA
- Logical Access Controls: Identification, Authentication, Authorization, Data classification and ownership, MAC, DAC, and RBAC, SSO, Security administration, Security monitoring, Audit trails and detective controls
- Physical Controls, Environmental controls
- Hardware controls, Acquisition, Contracts, Maintenance agreements- Preventive maintenance
- Software Operating System Controls, Initial software generation, Patch management, Threats and risks,
- DBMS, Centralized database, Distributed database, Access controls and views, DB administration Controls, Audit trails
- Network Perimeter Security, Points of entry, Internet, dial-in modems, wireless, fax modems
- War dialing and war driving
- OSI, TCP/IP, Firewalls, their architecture, and implementations, DMZ, Honeypot and honeynets
- Threats coming from the Internet, 32 common attacks and controls
- Change Management, Policy, Standards, Procedures, Scheduled, emergency, out-of-cycle
- Change request, review, approval, testing, scheduling, user notification, implementation, backout provision, Change management for executables, Source code integrity,
- Vendor software, Acquisition process, RFI, RFP, agreement, and controls, Security, Escrow agreement with a third party
BC/DR audit, BIA, RTO, RPO, MTD, Risk assessment, Recovery strategies, Awareness and training, BC implementation, Remote storage of data and documents, Alignment with Change management, Hot site, cold site, warm site, split processing, PR training in emergency situations, ICS for emergency response, BC plan testing and optimization, Backups- full, incremental, differential, and synthetic, Five Components of recovery
CPE Credits: 14 Capacity: Webinar - 25 people.
Refund Policy: 80% refund on or before December 05 2020. Refund must be requested in writing and will not be accepted after the said date. 20% will be charge for Administration and handling for cancellation request.
- Anyone who fails to make a payment online will not be considered an attendee. Registering for this class does not automatically register you for CISA exam. Please register for the exam by logging on to ISACA international website: http://www.isaca.org
- CPE credits can be applied toward each ISACA designation that is held. Full CPE credits will be awarded only if all sections of Exam Preparation classes have been attended.
- Webinar sessions are not being recorded - it's a live broadcast.
- Webinar access instructions are provided 5 days prior to the first day of class.
- For webinar attendees, you can also test if you are able to connect to the gotowebinar website by following the instructions here: http://bit.ly/1JvcdSy