Business Risk and Control Sr Officer- Technology CTO
Location: San Francisco, CA; West Des Moines, IA; New York, NY; Chandler, AZ; Minneapolis, MN Dallas, TX
Job Opening ID # 5526176
Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume when submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message. In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as “Personal Cell” or “Cellular” in the contact information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wells Fargo Technology sets IT strategy; enhances the design, development, and operations of our systems; optimizes the Wells Fargo infrastructure footprint; provides information security; and enables continuous banking access through in-store, online, ATM, and other channels to Wells Fargo’s more than 70 million global customers.
These role(s) will be accountable for the risk portfolio for a CTO functional area and ensure all required risk related information is communicated, managed and escalated as appropriate. Ensure development and implementation of mitigation strategies to address known gaps and deficiencies in an effective and timely manner. Serve as a technical SME providing advisory capabilities for defined functional area. Identifies and assess risks, in coordination with the Group/ Function, through the processes established by the enterprise. Provides input into the Group/Function strategic plan to cover material risk activities within assigned area. Assists with the implementation of corporate policies across assigned area. Coordinates and supports control effectiveness assurance across major processes. Monitors the remediation of risk issues in an effective and timely manner (informed by Risk Operations and IRM). Provides inputs and ensures proper execution of procedures established by the Risk Operations and IRM.
- 10+ years of experience in risk management (includes compliance, financial crimes, operational risk, audit, legal, credit risk, market risk, IT systems security, business process management) or 10+ years of financial services industry experience, of which 7+ years must include direct experience in risk management
- 5+ years of Technology Risk Management experience
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), Certified Information Systems Auditor, (CISA) Certification in Control Self-Assessment (CCSA), Certified Information Systems Security Professional, (CISSP) or other risk management discipline certification
- Management experience in an matrixed organization environment
- Ability to turn preliminary or ambiguous information, ideas, or problems into well-defined plans and solutions
- Ability to communicate effectively, in both written and verbal formats, with senior executive-level leaders
- Virtual leadership experience with ability to effectively drive results, provide feedback/direction, and manage and build relationships with leaders and team members in a geographically dispersed team environment
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities
- Ability to generate, review, edit, and distribute executive level reports
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Experience working with internal and external auditors and examiners
- Experience reviewing testing strategies and methodologies; evaluating the adequacy and effectiveness of policies, procedures, processes, initiatives, products and internal controls; and identifying issues resulting from internal and/or external compliance examinations
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
Other Desired Qualifications
- Identify and establish governance process and accountability to comply with WFT policies
- Partner with lines of defense, Operations Risk, internal audit and technology leaders to execute governance and accountability across WFT initiatives
- Ensure data quality in “status reporting systems” is accurate and fully up to date and there are no data integrity issues
- Coordinate and execute against WFT wide initiatives with priority on enabling Technology Compliance Plan (TCP) – a book of work supporting remediation of various technology related regulatory requirements
- As required participate in pre-design and solutioning for TCP initiatives with the appropriate SME resources
- Escalate issues/risks to TCP initiative leads and/or CIO teams to ensure timely resolution and well in advance of execution plan end dates
- Work in conjunction with the TCP initiatives PM’s, TREX and TCP Champions to support program level status reporting requirements
- Participate in the development of standard metrics and KPI’s for CTO. Analyze and drive optimization for the WFT organization against key metrics
- 8+ years of experience within an Enterprise Technology function or Technology Risk function with demonstrated knowledge of Technology systems, applications, infrastructure and emerging Technology and associated risks in a business environment
- Experience managing and executing information Technology risk programs that align to a Technology Business function
- Broad and significant knowledge of Technology and the associated challenges, risks and required controls inherent in a complex environment, including knowledge of SDLC, Change Management, Enterprise Architecture, Cloud, Vendor and third party, Data, Artificial Intelligence / Robotics and Process Automation, BCP / Operational Resiliency, problem and incident management, access management, asset management, compliance, information security, Audit/SOC/SOX, and general line of business regulatory requirements across retail banking, lending, capital markets, wealth and investment management, etc.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Technology and Security risk framework – COBIT, FFIEC, NIST, ITIL, COSO, BASEL, and OCC Heightened Standards
- Track record of providing constructive consulting with appropriate issue escalation and offering solutions
- Strong ability and experience working with and collaborating with leaders and team members at all levels and across functional lines.
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of strategic elements of financial, operational, technical and regulatory environments across a complex global services environment
- Ability to articulate complex concepts in a clear manner-Performing centralized governance, oversight responsibilities, and the facilitation of strategic planning for the Technology Control Framework.
- Act as a Framework, Methodology and Governance point of contact for core Enterprise Risk Programs and Independent Risk Management.
- Performing the centralized collection, administration and support for all critical engagements applicable to the Technology Control Framework facilitating collaboration of accountable resources and subject matter experts as required; delivering on Technology Control Framework commitments.
- Developing and performing all centralized process/control effectiveness and data compliance monitoring. Facilitates the identification, planning and oversight for associated remediation activities.
- Developing and performing all centralized Technology Control Framework communications and data management functions; including centralized reporting, training, education and awareness programs.
- Maintains core inventories associated with Technology Control Framework specific Measures, Metrics and Reporting to drive efficiency and drives opportunities for automation where appropriate.
- Performs centralized management and maintenance for the Process, Risk and Control inventory content; manages supporting technology relationships, data administration and change management needs.
- Ability to travel up to 30% of the time
To view the full job description and apply
- Visit the Wells Fargo Careers Site: wellsfargo.com/careers
- Click Search Jobs and Search Jobs Now
- Within the Job Opening ID field enter number as listed above and click Search*
- If job search returns with no results, then posting is no longer active