We’re building a relationship-oriented bank for the modern world. We need talented, passionate professionals who are dedicated to doing what’s right for our clients.
At CIBC, we embrace your strengths and your ambitions, so you are empowered at work. Our team members have what they need to make a meaningful impact and are truly valued for who they are and what they contribute.
To learn more about CIBC, please visit CIBC.com
What You’ll Be Doing
As a Consultant, Governance and Control, you will join CIBC’s Enterprise Security and Risk Services area to support sox and non-sox related control testing for all of CIBC’s applications and infrastructure.
At CIBC we enable the work environment most optimal for you to thrive in your role you’ll have the flexibility to manage your work activities within a hybrid work arrangement where you’ll spend 1-3 days per week on-site, while other days will be remote.
How You’ll Succeed
- Control Testing : On a quarterly basis, you will be assigned a number of technology controls with various infrastructure components and document the test results with appropriate evidence gathered to satisfy the control steps or otherwise. Once completed you will forward test results for review and communicate deficiencies to the Senior Manager, Governance and Control and the Senior Risk Advisor.
- Audit & Risk Assessment: You will participate in the preparation of the risk assessment package and engage with appropriate parties to gather artifacts required for the control tests. You will attend and actively participate in client meetings with Internal Audit and our external Audit firm (E&Y) as technology controls are presented.
Who You Are
- You demonstrate experience in technology and infrastructure audit, controls and governance, identifying gaps, assessing controls and making recommendations for improvements with a working knowledge of requirements of CIBC’s Control Framework. We are looking for someone with at least 3 years of experience in this space.
- You're a certified professional. You have current accreditation and good standing CISA, CRISC, CISSP.
- Your influence makes an impact. You know that relationships and networks are essential to success. You inspire outcomes by making yourself heard.
- You understand that success is in the details. You notice things that others don't. Your critical thinking skills help to inform your decision making.
- You're driven by collective success. You know that collaboration can transform a good idea into a great one. You understand the power of an inclusive team that enjoys working together to bring a shared vision to life.
- You're passionate about people. You find meaning in relationships, and surround yourself with a diverse network of partners. You build trust through respect and authenticity.
- Values matter to you. You bring your real self to work and you live our values – trust, teamwork and accountability.
What CIBC offers
At CIBC, your goals are a priority. We start with your strengths and ambitions as an employee and strive to create opportunities to tap into your potential. We aspire to give you a career, rather than just a paycheck.
- We work to recognize you in meaningful, personalized ways including a competitive salary, incentive pay, banking benefits, a health benefits program, defined benefit pension plan, an employee share purchase plan and MomentMakers, our social, points-based recognition program.
- Our spaces and technological toolkit will make it simple to bring together great minds to create innovative solutions that make a difference for our clients.
- We cultivate a culture where you can express your ambition through initiatives like Purpose Day; a paid day off dedicated for you to use to invest in your growth and development.
**Prior to starting in this role, security checks, including a criminal record check must be successfully completed to the satisfaction of CIBC. An annual criminal record check may also be required.
What you need to know
- CIBC is committed to creating an inclusive environment where all team members and clients feel like they belong. We seek applicants with a wide range of abilities and we provide an accessible candidate experience. If you need accommodation, please contact Mailbox.email@example.com
- You need to be legally eligible to work at the location(s) specified above and, where applicable, must have a valid work or study permit.
Job Location: Toronto-CC East 12th Floor
Employment Type: Regular
Weekly Hours: 37.5
Skills: Auditing, Decision Making, Governance Controls, Leadership, Microsoft Excel, Risk Assessments