Do you have a solid background in the field of I&IT auditing and risk management? Do you have effective interpersonal skills to build positive working relationships? Then consider joining the Treasury Board Secretariat’s Ontario Internal Audit Division. Our I&IT audit professionals work on diverse audit and consulting assignments spanning a broad range of I&IT areas across the Ontario Public Service. Our work is client-focused and directly contributes to improved business outcomes for our clients and the people of Ontario.
What can I expect to do in this role?
• plan, lead, coordinate and conduct complex I&IT audits and consulting assignments
• assess internal controls and processes in the areas of IT governance, systems under development, IT project management, IT service management, IT infrastructure and networking, information security and privacy
• provide technical expertise and advice on risk management and controls to support I&IT projects and initiatives
• prepare audit reports and communicate audit findings and recommendations
How do I qualify?
Technical Knowledge and Experience:
- You have demonstrated experience conducting a broad range of complex I&IT audits and consulting assignments.
- You have knowledge of, and experience in, generally accepted auditing standards, practices, methodologies (including risk management strategies, control strategies, structures and systems).
- You have experience in developing and utilizing innovative I&IT auditing techniques for risk and control assessments.
- You have knowledge of, and experience in, systems development methodologies and practices.
- You have an understanding of current and emerging technology and related issues, to utilize knowledge in the areas such as systems under development, information security, data warehouses and analytics, telecommunications and networks, computer operations and online-services.
- You have demonstrated knowledge and experience in developing audit reports and briefing material to effectively communicate results of audits to Management and Audit Committees.
Relationship Management, Consultation and Communication Skills:
- You can build and sustain positive relationships with clients and project teams, and can network effectively with management and colleagues.
- You have demonstrated consultation skills to provide technical expertise and support major I&IT projects.
- You have excellent negotiation and persuasion skills to make recommendations and resolve contentious issues.
- You can clearly, concisely and effectively communicate risk and control issues to clients.
- You can conduct briefings and make presentations to all levels of management.
- You have strong oral and written communication skills to present information and audit findings, options and recommendations to senior executives and audit committees.
Project Management Skills:
- You have project management experience in leading internal/external staff resources in delivering I&IT audit engagements.
- You can adapt to changing priorities and circumstances, handle concurrent audit projects, meet deadlines and manage audits within budget.
Analytical and Problem-Solving Skills:
- You have analytical skills and the ability to utilize data extraction software tools to evaluate internal controls, and identify control weaknesses, risks and impacts.
- You can apply problem-solving skills to develop solutions for clients and identify process improvement opportunities.
Salary Range: $72,675 - $107,093 per year
- 2 Permanent, 777 Bay St, Toronto, Toronto Region
- 1 Permanent, 315 Front St W, Toronto, Toronto Region
Please apply online, only, by Thursday, August 27, 2020, by visiting www.ontario.ca/careers and entering Job ID 152133 in the Job ID search field. Please follow the instructions to submit your application. Faxes are not being accepted at this time.
If you require accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please contact us at www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/ContactUs.aspx to provide your contact information. Recruitment Services staff will contact you within 48 hours. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario Public Service is an inclusive employer. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with Ontario’s Human Rights Code.