Attention, IT Audit Managers!
Are you a results-oriented, Information Technology (I&IT) auditing professional with exceptional consultative skills? Demonstrate your ability to identify risks and manage complex I&IT audits in this exciting role with the Ontario Internal Audit Division (OIAD), Treasury Board Secretariat.
OIAD provides specialized audit, risk assessment and advisory service to address IT risks across the Ontario Public Service (OPS). These include audits in areas such as cybersecurity, project management, e-commerce, telecommunications, computer operations, business continuity planning and disaster preparedness. OIAD is comprised of Audit Branches dedicated to specific sectors. This position will support the Central Services ministries and the Capital sector ministries while having liaison with the Enterprise-wide Information Technology Branch.
The Division provides valuable and responsive assurance, advisory and investigative services that support the achievement of government priorities and ministry strategic objectives. OIAD employs and depends on an array of talent which includes financial, accounting, IT audit, assurance/advisory and investigative experts supported by professional designations and training.
What a career in the OPS can offer you!
The OPS is committed to be an employer of first choice, creating a positive and inclusive work environment. In addition to flexible work arrangements, collegial and professional work culture, and career growth and development, we offer a competitive total compensation package, which includes an attractive salary and may include the following:
• Flexible work arrangements
• Defined benefit pension plan
• Maternity and parental leave top-up benefits
• Comprehensive health and dental plans
• Life and disability insurance
Leadership in the OPS
The OPS Leadership Behaviours defines what it means to be a leader through the following expected behaviours and attributes:
• We commit to the responsibilities of being a leader by demonstrating authenticity, accountability and courage.
• We lead for the future by embracing positive disruption, a future mindset and by developing each other, every day.
• We are people-centred by leading with a common purpose, being inclusive and driving people-centred outcomes.
What can I expect to do in this role?
In this dynamic role, you will:
• Manage the planning, development and implementation of the Central Services and Capital Sector IT Audit plans, which involves complex I&IT audits covering a range of technologies and applications.
• Develop, manage and oversee the audit work for a team of audit professionals through teamwork, integrity and leadership.
• Develop approaches to continuously assess and evaluate areas of significant risk.
• Identify and develop innovative service delivery, including use of tools like analytics and proactive control design.
• Manage and conduct special reviews related to information technology and systems.
• You will be a proactive and innovative leader, motivating your team and colleagues across government
• You will build solid trusting relationships within government and with external stakeholders and partners to create mutually beneficial solutions that improve outcomes for Ontarians.
• You will bring an innovative, digital mindset to your work, enabling you to incorporate technology and practices to support planning, system design thinking and decision making.
• You will also bring your project management, leadership and strategic influence to strengthen the capacity within your team and your ministry.
• You will empower your team of professionals to grow and develop to their full potential, fostering a culture of diversity, inclusion, equity and excellence.
Location: Oshawa, St Catharines, Toronto
How do I qualify?
• You have expert knowledge and experience in IT auditing, internal auditing standards (IIA), IT auditing standards (ISACA) and auditing control frameworks.
• You have knowledge of advancements in audit methodologies and practices, including knowledge of IT governance and security controls.
• You have advanced knowledge of current and emerging I/IT technologies, tools, methodologies, practices and issues.
• You have demonstrated knowledge of data extraction tools such as IDEA and ACL.
Strategic Leadership Skills:
• You have demonstrated experience building, inspiring, and managing high-performing teams of business and IT audit professionals in a fast-paced business environment with multiple and sometimes conflicting priorities, policies and resource constraints, including conflict resolution and prioritization skills.
• You have experience and knowledge of financial management, procurement, contract management and asset management to prepare budgets, manage expenditures within allocated budget, define requirements for resources, goods and services.
• You have an understanding of strategic corporate directions, multi-year business and results-based planning processes.
Project Management Skills:
• You have knowledge of project management, including planning, estimating, budgeting, scheduling, risk management, to effectively manage multiple complex IT audit projects.
• You have expertise in structuring, organizing and managing multiple audit projects, with a proven track record of successful delivery of audit reports.
• You possess strong analytical, negotiation, problem solving and operational decision making skills to influence others to find business oriented and collaborative solutions for complex issues and risks.
Strong Communication and Relationship Management Skills:
• You have demonstrated oral and written communication skills to develop audit reports, conduct presentations and manage customer and service agreements.
• You have proven negotiation skills to establish working relationships with I&IT management, clients, project stakeholders and staff.
• You have experience in managing and negotiating IT service agreements using third party vendors and suppliers.
• You have superior relationship management skills to build collaborative relationships with and influence a diverse range of internal and external stakeholders and partners in achieving the desired outcomes.
• You have political acuity and discretion when handling confidential and politically sensitive information.
Salary Range: $90,348 - $129,903 per year
• 1 Permanent, 33 King St W, Oshawa, Central Region or 301 St Paul St, St Catharines, West Region or 777 Bay St, Toronto, Toronto Region
• The information that you provide for the purpose of this competition and the results from this competition may be used to fill other positions These positions may be of various tenures including short-term assignments. Your information and the results from this competition will be retained for the purpose of filling vacancies in accordance with the applicable collective agreement or policy provisions.
Please apply online, only, by Tuesday, June 9, 2020, by visiting www.ontario.ca/careers
and entering Job ID 150308 in the Job ID search field. Please follow the instructions to submit your application. Faxes are not being accepted at this time.
If you require accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please contact us at www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/ContactUs.aspx
to provide your contact information. Recruitment Services staff will contact you within 48 hours. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario Public Service is an inclusive employer. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with Ontario’s Human Rights Code.www.ontario.ca/careers