Senior IT Auditor
As part of the North America Audit Hub (NAAH) you provide audit services to Munich Re’s North America entities to assist Senior Management in the achievement of the Company’s strategic objectives. We are currently operating under a hybrid working model with flexibility to work remotely during normal office operations. This role is located in Toronto, Ontario.
As a trusted advisor, The IT Internal Auditor:
- Builds effective relationships while providing independent value added internal audit services
- Independently or through participation on engagement teams conducts independent assessments of Munich Re’s internal control environment
- Provides reasonable assurance regarding the effectiveness of IT systems, governance, compliance, risk management, and internal controls systems
The individual in the Internal Auditor role demonstrates the ability to independently apply the department’s audit methodology. They participate in all phases of the audit from planning to reporting, including understanding business operations, scoping the audit, identifying risks and controls, designing and executing testing with minimal oversight and assisting with the writing of audit reports.
- Execute information technology (IT) and integrated audits in areas such as General Controls, IT Governance, IT project lifecycle, system conversion and pre-implementation reviews and Third Party Risk Management.
- Review and assess compliance of IT systems and processes against IT directives, policies, standards and industry best practices frameworks.
- Independently conduct thorough risk analysis, control identification, as well as conclude on the effectiveness of processes and design of controls. Interpret the associated risks, develop testing approaches, and propose solutions. Identify control gaps and control performance exceptions and independently evaluate the potential impact.
- Effectively communicates orally and written in both technical IT and non-technical terms to Operational and IT management. Make sound recommendations for audit finding rankings and effectively support conclusions during discussions with audit clients.
- Conducts data analysis to facilitate audit scoping and testing.
- Share knowledge with broader NAAH and global teams and takes an active role in facilitating the training and development of less experienced team members.
Munich Re America Services (MRAS) is a shared service organization that delivers services to all Munich Re US P&C Companies and other group entities.
- A Bachelor's degree in information systems, computer science, engineering, business/finance or equivalent training along with relevant technology experience are required. Insurance industry experience preferred.
- Two or more years of IT Audit or information technology experience with a focus on security, risk management, or system development.
- Knowledge of IT auditing standards and control frameworks such as IIA, COBIT, NIST Cyber, CSC, and ISO2700x.
- Intermediate knowledge of internal audit practices, and financial and operational process documentation. Demonstrated ability to evaluate internal controls, effectively execute large portions of an audit independently, analyze and solve complex problems and conduct research.
- Experience performing audit testing and documenting workpapers preferred.
- Strong communication skills with an ability to express ideas clearly, concisely and persuasively both verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrate technical knowledge of routine business processes and continue development of technical and analytical skills to understand more complex business processes.
- A familiarity with ACL software (Audit Command Language) or other data analytics tool and ability to conduct data analysis is desired.
- Progress towards completing the CISA or CISSP exam is preferred. The completion of other insurance or audit related certifications is a plus.
At Munich Re US, we see Diversity and Inclusion as a solution to the challenges and opportunities all around us. Our goal is to foster an inclusive culture and build a workforce that reflects the customers we serve and the communities in which we live and work. We strive to provide a workplace where all of our colleagues feel respected, valued and empowered to achieve their very best every day. We recruit and develop talent with a focus on providing our customers the most innovative products and services.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Munich Re America Services, Inc. is a services provider to affiliated group companies primarily related to general services, procurement and IT services.
Munich Re is one of the world’s leading providers of reinsurance, primary insurance and insurance-related risk solutions. The group consists of the reinsurance and ERGO business segments, as well as the capital investment company MEAG. We are globally active and operate in all lines of the insurance business.
Since our founding in 1880, we’ve been known for our unrivaled risk-related expertise and sound financial position. We offer customers financial protection when faced with exceptional levels of damage – from the 1906 San Francisco earthquake to the 2017 Atlantic hurricane season. We possess outstanding innovative strength, which enables us to also provide coverage for extraordinary risks such as rocket launches, renewable energies, cyber attacks, or pandemics.
We’re also playing a key role in driving forward the digital transformation of the insurance industry, and in doing so have further expanded our ability to assess risks and the range of services that we offer. Our tailor-made solutions and close proximity to our customers make Munich Re one of the world’s most sought-after risk partners for businesses, institutions, and private individuals.
Our corporate culture is defined by performance, mutual respect and trust. All this makes us an attractive employer providing global career development opportunities and prospects.
How to apply?
You can email your application directly to firstname.lastname@example.org