Greater Reliance on Suppliers => Increased Governance – How?
Companies increasingly rely on their suppliers, yet nearly half who suffer breaches are done through one or more of their suppliers. What can companies do to manage supplier relationships?
Join Tyler Tholen, Lead Cyber Security Analyst with Honeywell International, as he shares the approach he developed to identify and advance the relevant security controls through supplier agreements while capturing and tracking supplier inherent risk information. He will provide an overview of the solution and how it integrates into his governance, risk and compliance (GRC) program. This approach provides the procurement team with an engagement-specific set of security requirements to be included in the overall supplier agreement and this exhibit is subsequently leveraged to facilitate the follow-up assessment as applicable.
Key topics to be covered:
· Decision-tree approach to identify/advance relevant controls
· Follow-up supplier assessment approach and options
· Adaptation depending on company and supplier size and company leverage
· Recommended compliance artifacts
· GRC and supplier monitoring options
We look forward to audience collaboration regarding vendor risk management best practices.