ISACA staff, who are often nontechnical professionals, are hosting a series of panels for members of our professional community to share their professional experiences, challenges, and goals as a unique training opportunity. Help non-IT ISACA associates better understand the role that the audit & assurance function plays in an organization, including the daily and strategic responsibilities and challenges of your work. You will be asked to come prepared to answer questions in a panel setting with other audit & assurance professionals onsite at ISACA’s headquarters in Schaumburg, Illinois on 13 August.
The goal of this opportunity is to enable ISACA’s internal leadership and development team to use the panel discussion content and materials submitted by participants to create training packets for ISACA staff about the various industries and professions the organization serves.
To accomplish this, volunteer panelists agree to
- Provide written answers by August 12 (one day in advance) for up to 10 prepared questions about their role, work and challenges, including how ISACA credentials and resources enable their success. This content will be used to moderate the panel and engage with ISACA associates in an informal Q&A session as well as be included in future training materials for ISACA staff.
- Spend up to two hours onsite in Schaumburg, Illinois on August 13, 2019 from 10:00 A.M. – 12:00 P.M. for an in-person panel discussion.
- Provide a job description, resume and common terminology/acronym documentation to supplement the discussion.
- Be video recorded for future playback for ongoing ISACA associate (internal) training purposes.
- CISA certification required.
- Current audit or assurance position (balance of practitioners and managers). Seeking audit/assurance expertise and industry representation.
- Understanding the audit / assurance market including certifications and sources of knowledge currently available for assurance professionals.
- Knowledge of ISACA frameworks, products, certifications and services.
- ISACA Membership preferred, but not required.
- Cybersecurity Audit Certificate preferred
- Ability to attend the panel in person at ISACA HQ (1700 E. Golf Rd., Schaumburg, IL 60173) on 13 August from 10 am – 12 pm. No travel expenses are reimbursed.
- Up to 10 CPE credits in the area of Lecturing/Teaching/Presenting (5 CPEs per hour = 10 CPEs for two hours). No limitations or maximums in this area. Participants holding ISACA certification(s) must self-claim these hours after successful completion of the assigned tasks.
- Opportunity to tour ISACA headquarters and interact with ISACA associates
- Public speaking experience
- Educate ISACA staff on your role in an effort to better serve the ISACA community
- Lunch provided
- Mileage and any other monetary compensation will NOT be provided
Panel Selection/Finalization Process
Depending on the level of interest, we may not be able to accommodate all applicants. Volunteer panelists will be selected, and all prospective panelists will be notified no later than Friday, August 2. Please hold the August 13 panel date on your calendar! Those selected will also receive the specific questions at the time of notification on August 2.
All volunteers must have an ISACA Participation Agreement on file. To see if your agreement is active, visit your volunteer profile. Access all volunteer policies here.