ISACA relies upon the support of volunteers to facilitate smooth conference operations and an incredible attendee experience. Volunteers typically serve as registration assistants, session monitors, or wayfinders working closely with ISACA and IIA staff and other volunteers, conference attendees, and speakers. Volunteers receive a complimentary one-day registration during their volunteer activities and may earn CPE hours for attending or monitoring sessions.
1. Click here to select your shift via SignUpGenius. (Do not click apply above on this page; you will NOT be signed up to volunteer.)
2. After you finish your shift selection, you'll receive an email confirmation from SignUpGenius with the next steps to finalize your conference registration.
Shifts are filled on a first-come, first-served basis.
Volunteer Criteria/Composition needed:
- Commitment to serve the role selected. Please identify a replacement if you must cancel less than 72 hours before the conference.
- Pleasant, positive demeanor as a representative of ISACA.
- Flexibility to effectively adjust to unexpected circumstances.
- Ability to travel to conference location. ISACA and IIA will not reimburse travel expenses.
Volunteers are entitled to the following benefits depending on their role. Any volunteer who does not complete a full shift or cancels will be invoiced for the full registration amount.
- Complimentary one-day conference attendance (the day of your volunteer service) and meals
- CPE hours for continuing education for sessions attended (including attendance as a session monitor)
Location: The Diplomat Beach Resort, 3555 South Ocean Drive, Hollywood, FL 33019.
Training sessions will be conducted at the start of each shift.
This role is a frontline position needing a warm, friendly personality. Greets conference attendees at the registration area and help expedite the registration process in the following ways:
- Direct attendees to the next available self-service registration kiosk
- Hand attendees their lanyard and applicable onsite materials
- Answer attendees’ inquiries using the provided onsite FAQ
This role is a frontline position needing a warm, friendly personality. Provides directions within the conference venue to help attendees find their way. While attendees make their way through the conference hallways, guide them to their desired destination(s). Provide answers to the most common directional questions asked:
- Registration desk
- Exhibit Hall
- General Session room
- Concurrent session rooms
You will also serve as a back-up for other volunteer roles (such as session room monitor or registration desk), in case of a last minute cancellation.
Session Room Monitor
Assist planning staff and session presenter(s) with assorted duties, including:
- Make sure all attendees scan into the session they are attending
- Check audio and visual equipment for proper function
- Ensure the speaker(s) presentations on the room laptop are on deck for each session in that room
- Communicate with the onsite A/V technicians with any technical issues
- Usher attendees to available seating within the session room
- If all seats have been filled within the session room, please alert planning staff immediately to determine if additional seating accommodations within the room can be made
- Communicate with each session speaker on proper timekeeping to end on time
- Introduce each speaker (script will be provided)
- Complete the Session Room Monitor Sheet during the session and return it to a planning staff member at the end of your shift
- Monitor room environment (i.e. room temperature, cleanliness, etc.) and inform planning staff of any issues, attendee complaints or feedback
- For sessions with high attendance numbers, assist in passing the wireless room mic(s) during session Q&A so that all attendees can hear the question being asked (mostly applies to general sessions, but may be needed in concurrent sessions)