Welcome to the ISACA Brisbane Chapter
The primary purpose of the Chapter is to promote the education of individuals for the improvement and development of their capabilities relating to the auditing of, management consulting in, or direct management of the fields of IT governance, IS audit, security, control and assurance.
The objectives of the Chapter are:
- To promote the education of, and help expand the knowledge and skills of its members in the interrelated fields of IT governance, IS audit, security, control and assurance;
- To encourage an open exchange of IT governance, IS audit, security, control, and assurance techniques, approaches, and problem solving by its members;
- To promote adequate communication to keep members abreast of current events in IT governance, IS audit, security, control and assurance that can be of benefit to them and their employers;
- To communicate to management, auditors, universities, and to IS professionals the importance of establishing controls necessary to ensure proper IT governance and the effective organisation and utilisation of IT resources; and
- To promote the Association’s professional certifications and IT governance.
The Chapter aims to achieve its objectives by sponsoring local professional development sessions, conducting regular chapter meetings, and help to further promote and elevate the visibility of the IS audit, control and security profession for its members throughout the Brisbane area.
Current ISACA Brisbane Chapter Board Members are:
- President: Mr. Daniel Newby, CISA
- Vice-President: Ms. Mayus Nath
- Secretary: Mrs. Tracey Lawrance, CRISC
- Treasurer: Mr. Ravi Mehta, CISA
- Education: Vacant
- Membership: Miss Jennifer Kahirimbanyi
- Certification: Mr Jerry Bongard, CISM
We're interested to know what you think of the chapter website and social media channels and other ways we can improve our services to you. Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org with your ideas.
As an independent, nonprofit, global association, ISACA engages in the development, adoption and use of globally accepted, industry-leading knowledge and practices for information systems. Previously known as the Information Systems Audit and Control Association, ISACA now goes by its acronym only, to reflect the broad range of IT governance professionals it serves.
As it enters its 50th year ISACA’s constituency—more than 140,000 strong worldwide—is characterized by its diversity. Constituents live and work in more than 180 countries and cover a variety of professional IT-related positions—to name just a few, IS auditor, consultant, educator, IS security professional, regulator, chief information officer and internal auditor. Some are new to the field, others are at middle management levels and still others are in the most senior ranks. They work in nearly all industry categories, including financial and banking, public accounting, government and the public sector, utilities and manufacturing. This diversity enables members to learn from each other, and exchange widely divergent viewpoints on a variety of professional topics. It has long been considered one of ISACA’s strengths.
ISACA has more than 200 chapters established in over 80 countries worldwide, and those chapters provide members education, resource sharing, advocacy, professional networking and a host of other benefits on a local level.
ISACA membership and its certification programs are globally accepted and recognized. In fact, independent studies continue to demonstrate that holding an ISACA designation enhances professional recognition, credibility and earning potential.
In a profession as ever-changing as IT, professional development is a necessity. ISACA is recognized as a highly respected and sought-after resource for professional education and development. Connecting IT professionals across a variety of industries, geography and professions, ISACA is dedicated to providing products and services that bring value to our members. We provide the relevant tools to promote growth, innovation and trust. Our belief in the strength of our industry experts helps drive personal and organizational success, which is the core of our members, volunteers and committees.
Follow us on Facebook , Twitter and Linkedin .