- Collection of Personally Identifiable Information. THE CENTRAL OKLAHOMA CHAPTER collects personally identifiable information about you only when you voluntarily provide such information. (Personally, identifiable information is any information that can be used to identify or contact a specific individual and any other information about that individual.)
- Use of Personally Identifiable Information. THE CENTRAL OKLAHOMA CHAPTER will not sell or otherwise transfer or disclose personally identifiable information to third parties not affiliated with THE CENTRAL OKLAHOMA CHAPTER without your prior consent (except as may be required by law, such as a court-ordered subpoena, search warrant, or other court order; or required by exigent circumstances). That means that THE CENTRAL OKLAHOMA CHAPTER will never disclose your name, e-mail address, street address or phone number to third parties not affiliated with THE CENTRAL OKLAHOMA CHAPTER without your consent. We may use your personally identifiable information only to tailor your experience at our Site, and to compile and display content and information that we think you might be interested in and to display content according to such preferences.
THE CENTRAL OKLAHOMA CHAPTER also may use your profile information on an aggregate basis – without personal identifiers -- to provide our editors with information that is useful in developing new features and content for the Site, and to provide Sponsors and others with aggregate information about our users and the usage patterns of the Site.
THE CENTRAL OKLAHOMA CHAPTER reserves the right to share your information with organizations affiliated with THE CENTRAL OKLAHOMA CHAPTER (other chapters, ISACA International, the IT Governance Institute) without your permission.
THE CENTRAL OKLAHOMA CHAPTER reserves the right to perform statistical analyses of user behavior (on an aggregate basis) in order to measure interest in and use of the various areas of the Site and to inform Sponsors of such information.
- Retention of Your Information. It is not possible for you to delete your profile from our database, nor is it feasible to delete all traces of your activity in the system. However, you may access your information and update or modify the information. Messages posted to the boards are examples of your activities that are not feasible to delete. However, you may delete your email address from the CENTRAL OKLAHOMA CHAPTER database.
- Voluntary Disclosure of Personally Identifiable Information on Bulletin Boards, News Groups and Chat Rooms, and other Interactive Areas (collectively "Interactive Areas"). Users should be aware that when they voluntarily disclose personally identifiable information (for example, user name, e-mail address) on an Interactive Area of the Site, that information, along with any substantive information disclosed in your communication, can be collected and correlated and used by third parties and may result in unsolicited messages from third parties. Such activities are beyond the control of THE CENTRAL OKLAHOMA CHAPTER and THE CENTRAL OKLAHOMA CHAPTER makes no warranties about the discoverability of your identity by methods beyond our control.
- Encryption Technology. THE CENTRAL OKLAHOMA CHAPTER uses Secure Socket Layer (“SSL”) encryption technology to enhance data privacy and help prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of the information under THE CENTRAL OKLAHOMA CHAPTER control.
- Cookie Technology. THE CENTRAL OKLAHOMA CHAPTER collects non-personal identification information through the use of “cookie” technology and/or Internet Protocol (“IP”) address tracking. Cookies are small text files a web site can use to recognize repeat users and facilitate the user’s ongoing access to and use of the site. Non-personal identification information might include the browser used by you, the type of computer, the operating systems, the Internet service providers and other similar information. THE CENTRAL OKLAHOMA CHAPTER system also automatically gathers information about the areas you visit on the Site and about the links you may select from within the Site to other sites.