Since 1997, ISACA Coimbatore Chapter has been actively engaged in enabling our members and their employers to gain trust in, and value from, information systems. We provide the relevant tools to promote growth, innovation and trust. Our belief in the strength of our industry experts helps drive personal and organizational success, which is the core of our members, volunteers and committees.
The aim of the Chapter is to sponsor local professional development sessions, provide assistance for ISACA exam candidates, conduct educational seminars and workshops, and help to further promote and elevate the visibility of the IS audit, control and security profession in and around Coimbatore.
The Chapter has been nurtured since its early days by the dedicated leadership and efforts of its many office-bearers, particularly past Presidents such as C.N. Srivatsan, R. Raghavendran, Ramasubramanian, Purushothaman, Rajseckhar, NDC Mani, Meena Swaminathan, Vedhanarayanan and Gayathri Purushothaman.
Our core membership comprises of assurance, governance, IT, risk and information security professionals. Our membership is made up of:
- Directors (Executive/Non-Executive)
- COO's and CIOs
- Strategy, governance and portfolio management professionals
- Business and IT architects
- Auditors and assurance professionals
- Business and IT risk managers
- Information security professionals
- Business and IT professionals
The membership reflects the multiplicity of backgrounds and skills that make the information systems governance field challenging and dynamic especially in this geography.
ISACA Coimbatore, conducts or co-sponsors numerous events each year to provide members and guests opportunities for professional development, continuing education, and networking with colleagues from a wide range of employers throughout the area.
The Chapter actively engages with educational institutions and the business community (management, auditors, general public) in and around Coimbatore to
- Advocate professionalism through promotion about ISACA and its certifications
- Create awareness and importance towards effective Cyber and IS security
- To further promote and elevate the visibility of the IS audit, control and security profession throughout the region.
This chapter is run by volunteers who are ISACA members nominated through ISACA Annual General Meeting (AGM). Member participation in running the chapter is highly encouraged.