For our March chapter meeting, we are excited to partner with the local chapter from the Society of Human Resource Management (SHRM) to bring you an exciting joint program for both membership groups. Our program will feature a moderated panel of both Security and HR professionals, sharing best practices on how the two professions can partner together to prepare for and respond to conflicts in the workplace.
Specifically, our panel will discuss how to plan ahead for workplace crisis intervention and address both internal and external risk factors including:
- Planning for physical workplace security
- Navigating investigations and high-risk terminations
- Domestic violence and impacts in the workplace
- Addressing security concerns with customers and the public in our workplaces
- Brandee Gary – Assistant Director of Security at Children’s Mercy Hospital
- Nick Berry – Assistant Director of Physical Security at American Century Investments
- Jill Crutchfield, SPHR, MBA – Sr. Director of Human Resources at North Kansas City Hospital
- Caralou Schmollinger, Director of Human Resources Westin/Sheraton Crown Center
Please read the below information carefully, as the event schedule, format, and registration types are significantly different than our normal chapter meetings.
Date: Tuesday March 8th, 2022
Location: Polsinelli Conference Center 900 W. 48th Street Kansas City, Missouri 64112 United States. Parking and other instructions will be emailed out prior to the event.
- 11:00 am - 11:20 am - Registration & In-Person Networking
- 11:15 am - Virtual Login
- 11:20 am - 11:30 am - President's Welcome, Sponsor Recognition, and Chapter Business
- 11:30 am - 12:30 pm - Educational Program - In Person at Polsinelli Conference Center and virtual by Zoom (zoom link will be shared prior to the event)
This meeting will be held in a hybrid format with in-person and virtual attendance options. In person attendees will have the option of adding a "Grab & Go" boxed lunch to their registration. For in person attendees, masks will be required for the duration of the meeting.
- SHRM-KC/ASIS Members (in-person and virtual) - $20 Program Fee*
- Non-Members (in-person and virtual) - $40 Program Fee*
*Optional Add On - $10 Grab & Go Boxed Lunch for In Person Attendees
The Society for Human Resource Management of Greater Kansas City (SHRM-KC) is a professional association dedicated to the advancement and support of the human resources profession. SHRM-KC promotes excellence in human resource management practices through education, advocacy and leadership development. www.shrm-kc.org
At the national level, ASIS and SHRM have jointly published the Workplace Violence Prevention and Intervention ANSI Standard, which provides an overview of policies, processes, and protocols that organizations can adopt to help identify and prevent threatening behavior and violence affecting the workplace, and to better address and resolve threats and violence that have actually occurred. This Standard outlines a proactive organizational approach to workplace violence focused on prevention and early intervention; and proposes ways in which an organization can better detect, investigate, manage, and - whenever possible - resolve behavior that has generated concerns for workplace safety from violence.