The ISACA Melbourne Chapter Board invites all current members of the ISACA Melbourne Chapter to our virtual Annual General Meeting (vAGM) to be held on Thursday, 26 May 2022 via Zoom commencing at 06:00pm.
If you haven’t already registered, please register by clicking on the link below. If you are unable to attend, we kindly ask that you complete the proxy form and send it in as per instructions on the form so that the quorum can be fulfilled.
We have updated the agenda sent out in the last AGM update to include the details of our guest speaker and a new agenda item to approve the amendments to our Bylaws. Your Board has been busy over the last 18 months updating and reviewing the Bylaws to ensure they conform to the requirements of ISACA HQ and our local laws. Chapter bylaw amendments will be approved, at any chapter meeting, by a two-thirds (2/3) vote, provided that the amendment has been submitted in writing at the previous meeting or has been mailed or e-mailed to the entire Chapter membership at least ten (10) days prior to the meeting at which it will be considered.
You can obtain a copy of the proposed amended Bylaws by clicking on the link below:
Our existing Bylaws can be viewed by clicking on this link:
The revised agenda is as follows:
05:45pm – 06:00pm | Login in to VAGM lobby. A pre-recorded welcome message will play until the meeting commences at 6pm.
07:00pm – 07:30pm | Special Guest Speaker
We are honoured to have Sven Bluemmel as our guest speaker! Sven’s topic will be:
Outsourcing services and Infosec risks: lessons from an OVIC investigation.
Victorian Information Commissioner
Mr Sven Bluemmel was appointed was appointed under the Freedom of Information Act 1982 (Vic) (FOI Act) as the inaugural Victorian Information Commissioner in September 2017.
Prior to his current role, Mr Bluemmel served as Western Australian Information Commissioner for eight years. Before 2009, Mr Bluemmel held senior positions in the Western Australian Public Sector Commission, the Department of the Premier and Cabinet (WA) and the Commonwealth Attorney-General’s Department in Canberra. Mr Bluemmel previously practised law in the private sector in Melbourne and Perth in the areas of information and privacy law.
Mr Bluemmel is a regular contributor to Australian and international publications, particularly in the areas of information law, technology law and administrative law. He has also delivered guest lectures at various institutions including Monash University, the Australian National University, the University of Western Australia, Murdoch University, Edith Cowan University and the University of Canberra. Mr Bluemmel is a fellow of Leadership Western Australia and served as President of the Institute of Public Administration in Western Australia for three years from November 2014 until October 2017.
Mr Bluemmel holds a Bachelor of Laws with Honours and a Bachelor of Science, both from the Australian National University.
06:00pm – 07:00pm | Annual General Meeting
- Minutes of previous AGM
- Amendments to Bylaws
- Chapter Nominations – New Board Appointments
- President’s report
- Treasurer’s report and adoption of the financial statements
- 2023 Local Chapter Fees
- Appointment of Honorary Auditor
- Appointment of ISACA Melbourne Chapter Directors
- General Business:
- 10, 25 & 35 years Member recognition
- Recognition of Certifications top rank holders for 2020
- Sponsor recognition
And last but not least! Please register early. The first 100 members to attend and register will receive a FREE gift. Terms and conditions apply.
Terms & conditions:
- Must be an ISACA Melbourne Chapter and has renewed membership for the year 2022.
- Must attend the event for at least 1 hour.
CPE Hours: 1.5 hour
Cost: FREE. This event is restricted to members of ISACA Melbourne Chapter.
If you are unable to attend, we kindly ask that you complete the proxy form and send it in as per instructions on the form so that the quorum can be fulfilled.
Registration & Attendance:
- Please ensure that you register for this event prior to the meeting date to ensure you are able to attend.
- Registration will be open from 27th March 2022.
- When registering, please specify accurately your membership number and your email address. These details should match with your ISACA’s membership profile. Otherwise, your attendance at the event will be excluded from the CPE Upload.
- Once you have registered you will receive a confirmation email with the webinar registration link. Use this link and ensure you logon to the webinar at least 10 minutes prior to the start time.
- The registration confirmation email will provide you with details on how to access the previous AGM minutes, and financial statements to be presented at this AGM.