Director, Forensic Investigation Team
Treasury Board Secretariat
Are you interested in an impactful and meaningful career leading a dynamic team of internal investigative professionals supporting client ministries? Are you an accomplished executive who wants to make a difference and has the proven ability to drive transformation, cultivate relationships, and deliver value-added services to client ministries, leverage technology and data analytics? Consider this exciting opportunity to join the Treasury Board Secretariat as a Director for the Forensic Investigation Team in the Ontario Internal Audit Division (OIAD).
The OIAD is an integral part of the Ontario Public Sector with a significantly positive impact on Ontario Public Sector operations. The OIAD will provide valuable and responsive assurance, advisory and investigative services that support the achievement of government priorities and ministry strategic objectives.
The Forensic Investigation Team provides fraud and employee conduct investigative services to Ministries. It also liaises with Ministry fraud prevention and investigation units that service program area specific needs. In addition, the Team provides tailored fraud awareness training, forensic audit and fraud risk consulting services.
What can I expect to do in this role?
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Providing leadership and direction to internal audit professionals accountable for enterprise-wide and ministry-specific investigative services, leveraging technology and data analytics.
- Directing the development and delivery of operational plans based on the concerns and priorities for the Corporate Audit Committee.
- Leading ministry and enterprise-wide investigative services that provide value-added advice and recommendations to ensure significant risks are addressed and to make a positive impact on improving client ministry business services.
- Developing and maintaining service level agreements between Forensic Investigation Team, and OIAD and ensuring all service level commitments are met.
- Leveraging and monitoring performance measures to evaluate investigative performance.
- Establishing goals and priorities which reflect ministry and government priorities.
- Providing support to senior management within the division on strategic planning initiatives.
- Manage and develop professional teams by promoting a productive team environment which reflects fostering a culture of excellence and creating an inclusive and diverse workplace.
How do I qualify?
- You are a strategic change leader who can foster an inclusive and innovative workplace culture where new ideas are valued and team members are empowered to be their best.
- You have demonstrated the ability to manage high-profile and sensitive issues while maintaining independence and demonstrating strong political acuity, judgement, and tact.
- You have proven senior leadership experience in a fast-paced and complex environment to ensure work is performed in accordance with professional internal standards and practices.
- You are a transformational, innovative leader that can plan strategically and communicate a vision to your team.
- You have in-depth knowledge of current investigative methodologies, including the use of technology-based tools and data analytics.
- You have experience leading forensic investigations in accordance with professional standards.
- You have experience developing investigative/forensic operational plans.
- You have sound knowledge of risk management principles and methodologies for assessing internal control and business risk exposures.
- You have in-depth knowledge and experience in accounting, auditing and budgeting.
Communication and Stakeholder Management:
- You have demonstrated experience managing expectations and effectively communicating high profile issues and matters with senior leaders.
- You have experience briefing senior executives including providing advice, recommendations, and solutions.
- You are a strategic and influential speaker who has experience leading complex and contentious consultations with diverse clients, including Deputy Ministers.
- You have demonstrated results working across divisions, ministries and external organizations to build critical relationships.
Salary: $130,930.00 - $168,240.00 per year
Duration: 1 Permanent
Interview Dates Anticipated: 1st week of March
- Security Screening Check (Enhanced) – TBC
- Position addresses:
- 222 Jarvis Street, 4th Floor, Toronto
- 301 St Paul St., 9th Floor, St. Catharines
- Successful candidate can select their preferred primary location (either in Toronto or St. Catherine). Occasional travel within Ontario will be required.
Please apply online, only, by Wednesday, February 5, 2020, by visiting http://www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/Preview.aspx?Language=English&JobID=145486
. Please follow the instructions to submit your application. Faxes are not being accepted at this time.
If you require accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please contact the Executive Recruitment Unit at firstname.lastname@example.org. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario Public Service is an inclusive employer. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with Ontario’s Human Rights Code. www.ontario.ca/careers