An experienced security analyst will see this full-time position – at our Welland Site – as an exciting opportunity to join Niagara Health’s Information and Communication Technology (ICT) Department in ensuring security best practices across a complex healthcare organization.
As part of the ICT Technical/Security Support Team, you’ll support various aspects of cyber security for our seven-site, two-organization network, including responsibility for managing and supporting security access, conducting security through vulnerability testing and risk analysis, performing and/or co-ordinating internal and external security audits, and analyzing security breaches to identify root causes. This role will enable you to leverage your deep understanding of security controls such as endpoint protecting, firewalls, intrusion detections, web security, end-point protection, and email security. You will also be working with data encryptions methods, performing risks assessments of data processing systems, and working alongside the Supervisor of Security on executing the security awareness program.
As a Security Technical Analyst, you’ll be expected to participate in planning and implementing security policies and procedures aligned with corporate goals, industry best practices and regulatory requirements, provide a point of escalation and mentorship to the Service Desk, as well as take part in the on-call rotation within our Data Centre.
To join our dynamic team as a Technical Analyst within our ICT Department, you must be a proven security analyst and best practices leader whose knowledge base and skill set include:
- A college diploma in Computer Technology or a university degree in Computer Science, with 3 to 5 years’ work experience
- Clearly demonstrated 3 to 5 years’ experience working in a security analyst role
- Working knowledge of Linux/Windows Operating Systems
- Strong knowledge of Computer Forensics, Incident Response Intrusion Detection, Reverse Engineering, and Social Engineering
- Expertise in Cyber Security, Firewalls, Network Security, Linux, and Unix security information and event management (SIEM)
- Knowledge to identify potential threats so that the organization can protect itself from malicious hackers and threats, including penetration testing during which you will test networks, computers, and web-based applications to detect exploitable vulnerabilities
- One or more of the following certifications: Certified Ethical Hacker, Certified Network Defender, CompTIA Network+ / CompTIA Security+
- Other certifications in ITIL, CyberArk, and Nessus SC, an asset
- Proven experience in overseeing the design, development and implementation of cyber security solutions, systems or products
- A track record as a self-starter, able to self-manage at required service and work performance standards, set high standards for results and, once achieved, raise the standards even higher
- Proven ability to create and maintain procedure documentation
- Previous healthcare experience, an asset
- Active involvement in continuing education opportunities
- Proven ability to work with a wide range of stakeholders and build strong relationships
- Proven analytical skills, with an aptitude for process evaluation and problem-solving
- Ability to learn new areas of unfamiliar territory
- Evidence of effective customer service, organizational, interpersonal, communication, leadership, judgement, critical thinking and decision-making skills
- Ability to meet, prioritize and manage multiple, simultaneous tasks and deadlines
- Ability to maintain consistent, regular attendance.
Discover a team environment of Extraordinary Caring – and great quality of life
We are Niagara Health and our CORE values inspire us to be EXTRAORDINARY: Compassion in Action, Driven by Optimism, Achieving Ambitious Results. We are a multi-site hospital that provides a wide range of inpatient and outpatient services, including Acute Care, Cancer Care, Cardiac Care, Complex Care, Emergency and Urgent Care, Kidney Care, Long-Term Care, Mental Health and Addictions, Stroke Care and Surgical Care. We serve over 450,000 Niagara residents across six sites. Our team is made up of more than 4,800 employees, 600 physicians and 850 volunteers who we count on to deliver extraordinary caring. In fact, Accreditation Canada has awarded Niagara Health with Exemplary Standing, a clear demonstration of our team’s commitment to the highest safety and quality standards.
To join Niagara Health is to spend more time enjoying life than commuting. Nestled between Lake Ontario and Lake Erie, and best known for its tourist attractions, the area offers great geographical advantages. Our hospital sites are located in thriving communities, where affordable housing, a myriad of recreational and cultural activities, and diverse settings make both family and single living a rewarding experience. For more information on Niagara Health, visit www.niagarahealth.on.ca. Please apply online, by Saturday, November 16, 2019, at https://careers.niagarahealth.on.ca/erecruit/VacancyDetail.aspx?VacancyUID=000000014902
Join us on twitter @ nhscareers
Niagara Health is committed to Employment Equity, welcomes diversity in the workplace, and encourages applications from all qualified individuals, including women, members of visible minorities, aboriginal persons, and persons with disabilities. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Niagara Health will provide accommodations through the recruitment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please inform Human Resources of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.