Title: Senior IT Auditor
Subsidiary: Liberty Utilities
Department: Accounting & Finance & Audit
Location: Oakville, ON
Zip/Postal Code: L6J 2X1
Algonquin Power & Utilities Corp is a North American diversified generation, transmission and distribution utility with $10+ billion of total assets. (APUC) delivers continuing growth through an expanding pipeline of renewable energy development projects, organic growth within its regulated distribution and transmission businesses, and the pursuit of accretive acquisitions. The distribution business group (Liberty Utilities) provides rate regulated
water, electricity and
natural gas utility services to over 750,000+ customers in the United States. The transmission business group invests in rate regulated
electric transmission and natural gas pipeline systems in the United States and Canada. The generation business group (Liberty Power, formerly known as Algonquin Power) owns a portfolio of regulated and long term
contracted North American based wind, solar, hydroelectric and thermal powered generating facilities representing more than 1.5+ GW of installed capacity. Our vision is to be the utility company most admired by customers, communities and
investors for our people, passion and performance. We believe that the provision of reliable, affordable utility services is fundamental to the fabric of society and our commitment to championing and investing in renewable energy makes us part of the global energy solution. We are on an incredible journey of transformation, growth and
innovation to build and be part of something bigger than ourselves. We are seeking an experienced Senior IT Auditor to join us on this journey into the future, our future. If you have the ability to adapt to an accelerating pace of change into a world of imagined possibilities designed for the future, then we want you to join our team!
What's in it for you?
- An opportunity to advance your career by using your thirst for knowledge and innovation to inspire you in staying ahead of the technology curve
- Ability to use your self-starting drive to make an immediate impact on the daily efficiency of our team, and an enduring impact on the overall growth of our organization
We will need you to:
- Contribute in the execution of the Internal Audit department's plans including IT audit projects and the company’s Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) compliance program for IT general controls.
- Collaborate on other audit projects in support of internal audit objectives and good governance practices all contributing to the achievement of the company’s initiative to mitigate threats and capitalize on opportunities.
- Develop and execute IT testing and audit plans, as well as evaluate and interpret testing and audit results providing assurance for enterprise compliance requirements such as SOX, cyber security, or internal policies and procedures.
- Provide support, advice and recommendations to IT process owners and management to improve IT process efficiency and IT control frameworks that ensure the mitigation of IT and business related risks.
- Become a champion for all employees in the education and understanding of risks and the design and execution of controls that ensure company-wide objectives for compliance.
- Participate in cyber security audits and project management audits including system implementations.
- Actively build relationships with business management to become a leading, sought after trusted advisor.
- Client centric focus working with key stakeholders to resolve issues and inquiries.
- Serve as a subject matter expert to the organization on new initiatives and projects impacting risk, process and internal controls
Experience & Abilities you bring:
- University - Bachelor degree or equivalent
- Certification/professional designation (e.g. CISA, CISM, CISSP, CRISC, etc.)
- 5+ years of experience with information / cyber security and SAP or similar ERP systems
- Solid understanding of control frameworks and standards like COSO, COBIT & NIST
- Experience in energy and utilities industry is also considered an asset
- Extensive knowledge of control frameworks and standards, comprehensive knowledge of cybersecurity and ERP systems
- Sound understanding of IT architecture and deep knowledge of IT processes such as change management, operations, SDLC, project management and IAM
How to apply?
Fill your application online here
We are an equal opportunity employer and value each person’s unique background, diversity, experiences, perspectives and
talents. Full participation of all employees in a safe, healthy and respectful environment is key to individual and company success. We are committed to fully utilizing the abilities of all of our employees and expect each of our employees to honour
this commitment in their daily responsibilities.
As part of our commitment, we work to ensure our application process is accessible to all candidates. If you require special assistance or accommodation during the hiring process, please notify the Talent Acquisition consultant. Click here for more information on what it's like to work here! Power Your Career #PowerYourCareer Follow us on twitter @AQN_Careers Like us on Facebook PowerYourCareer Join us on LinkedIn Algonquin Power & Utilities Corp Follow us on YouTube PowerYourCareer