Mentoring is a relationship between one person (the Mentor) with certain knowledge, skills and connections, and another person (the Mentee) who wants to acquire more knowledge, skills, and connections for his or her own personal and professional growth.
What is the Joint Mentorship Program 2019?
The objective of the Mentorship Program is to help internationally trained professionals make the transition to work in Canada, improve their skills and confidence while developing professional connections.
The Mentorship Program 2019 is being jointly organized by Hispanotech, the Canadian Colombian Professional Association, Javerianos en Canada, ISACA Toronto Chapter and PwC’s Latin Connection.
The program matches immigrant professionals (Mentees) with seasoned professionals (Mentors) already established in Canada who share similar professional backgrounds and career interests.
Over a three-month period, each Mentor-Mentee pair works together defining a realistic set of goals and executing an action plan to achieve these goals.
How does it work?
Participants commit to meet once per week for three months.
The program will try to match Mentors with a Mentee with similar backgrounds and interests.
The program will monitor
and support the mentorship relationship through ongoing advice, group meetings, networking, and problem‐solving exercises.
Mentorship Program Requirements
- Mentors need to have a minimun of 3 years of direct experience in the Canadian labour market in their industry of professional practice;
- Mentors and Mentees must be registered members of one or more of the partner organizations (Hispanotech, CCPA, Javerianos en Canada, ISACA, or PwC);
- Participants must complete a minimum of 12 hours of face-to-face, phone or online meetings in the season period;
- They must record each meeting in a log file;
- Participate at least in 2 of the 3 group meetings;
- Must be eligible to work in Canada as a full time employee (Canadian citizen, Permanent Resident, or holder of a Temporary Work Permit);
- Participants that complete all the requirements will receive a certificate of participation in the program;
- Upon request, a letter certifying the total volunteer hours will be issued to Mentors so they can claim their Professional Development Units.
Consent for Use of Media
Registration and attendance at, or participation in the Mentorship Program 2019, constitutes an agreement by the registrant to permit the organizer’s use and distribution (both now and in the future) of the registrant’s image or voice in photographs, videos, and other electronic reproductions of such events.