Course Learning Outcomes
At the conclusion of this course, attendees will be able to:
- Recognize the context, benefits and key reasons COBIT is used as an information and technology governance framework.
- Explain the key elements of the COBIT framework such as
- Key attributes
- Product family
- Alignment with industry frameworks
- Compare the COBIT principles for governance system framework.
- Describe the components of a governance system:
- Governance and management objectives
- Components of the governance system
- Focus areas
- Design factors
- Goals cascade
- Describe the elements of governance and management objectives.
- Differentiate COBIT based performance management using maturity and capability perspectives.
- Discover how to design a tailored governance system using COBIT.
- Explain the key points of the COBIT business case.
- Describe the relationships between the COBIT Design and Implementation Guides.
- Prepare for the COBIT 2019 Foundation exam
IT managers and professionals, IT auditors, IT governance, risk and compliance professionals, IT security practitioners, business process practitioners, and all business professionals interested in how to improve and assure the delivery of value from IT.
Current COBIT 5 Foundation Certificate holders who are interested in achieving the COBIT 2019 Foundation Certificate.
Individuals with no previous COBIT training or certifications interested in learning the COBIT 2019 framework essentials.
Two (2) days.
It is important to download the following documents and have them available for the training days:
PDF versions of both of them are free for ISACA members and non-members.
You must pass the COBIT 2019 Certificate Foundation exam and have a twelve (12) month eligibility period to take the exam. This is a closed book, 2 hour, 75-question, multiple-choice exam. You must achieve a passing mark of 65% to attain your certificate.
The exam is done outside of the course and is online and remotely proctored.
Full exam guide is available here: http://www.isaca.org/COBIT/Documents/COBIT-2019-Foundation-Exam-Guide.pdf
With this course you will obtain 14 CPE hours, valid for ISACA certifications.
Individuals holding an ISACA certification (CISA/CISM/CGEIT/CRISC) may claim two (2) additional CPE credits when a passing score is achieved on the exam.
About the Facilitator
Mr. Carolus Walters CISA, CISM, Network+, Security+, has more than 30 years of experience in the IT Industry of the financial sector. He has worked in various roles amongst others: systems analyst/programmer; head of the systems development department; project manager; IT Auditor; policy writer; and IT security management consultant.
Mr. Walters is the co-founder of the ISACA Curaçao Chapter and acting Vice President.
He was the lead writer to compose the IT regulations (Provisions and Guidelines) for the country of Curaçao and Sint Maarten for Business Continuity Management, Information Security Management, IT Service Management, IT Governance and gave input to write the Provisions and Guidelines for E-Banking.
During his career he has seen many data centers and examined many organizations in the area of IT Governance, Information Security Management, Business Continuity Management, IT Service Management, System Development and Maintenance and Outsourcing.
He holds a degree in Business Administration and Computer Science from the University of Applied Sciences in Utrecht, the Netherlands. In more recent years he has studied various standards amongst other ISO 20000, ISO 22301, ISO 27000, ISO 31000, ISO 9001, ISO 38500, Prince 2, Agile Project Management, COBIT 3.0, 4.0, 4.1, 5.0 and 2019.
Mr. Walters is a certified COBIT Foundation trainer since 2014.
Prices for COBIT 2019 Foundation and other Training Week Topics