The ISACA Accra Chapter was formed by I.T and Audit professionals in Accra, Ghana, as part of the global network of more than 120,000 professionals in 180 countries. The Accra Chapter is ISACA’s 216th chapter worldwide.
The ISACA Accra Chapter was formed with a pertinent focus on information security, to provide career opportunities to IT professionals and to ensure that best practice regulatory policies in information security compliance and IT audits are mainstreamed in the Ghanaian business environment. The Accra Chapter has more than 600 members representing several companies in the country with over 200 of them certified.
The chapter offers career and professional opportunities that include:
- Exam preparation courses for ISACA’s various certifications
- Participation in major continental conferences
- Opportunities to earn continuing professional education (CPE) credits
- Networking opportunities with peers and experts
- Opportunities to ensure that ISACA’s IS auditing standards are propagated throughout Ghana
The chapter holds two annual flagship events, thus the IT Audit, Information Security & Risk Insights in July and IT Governance Summit in the month of October.
These conferences are august gatherings of hundreds of top IS & IT Audit, Control, Risk Management, GRC, CEO’s, Internal Audit, IS Management and Cybersecurity professionals’ who share a common interest in practical solutions for sustainable developments through global innovation for corporate assurance activities.