A message from the President
June 7, 2021
Dear ISACA Greater Hartford Chapter members,
It will be my honor to serve as the ISACA Greater Hartford Chapter President for our 2021-2022 season. I would like to thank the Board and our Members for the trust they put in me to lead the chapter from September 2021 through June 2022. In particular, I’d like to thank Jayson Ferron, current Immediate Past President, for actively leading the chapter Board for the past two terms (as well as the many, many training workshops and webinars that he has led!), and Kim Zywno, who was our Immediate Past President and has served on our Board for many years, and for all the efforts and achievements he and the Board were able to achieve.
Please join me in welcoming our new 2021-2022 Board of Directors for the ISACA Greater Hartford Chapter – congratulations to all! If you are interested in joining the Board, or any other volunteer opportunities, just let us know.
Role - Member Name
- President - Janice Clauer
- Vice President - Juan Peguero
- Treasurer - Tidi Mahachi
- Secretary - Debra Dunne
- Immediate Past President - Jayson Ferron
- Membership Director - Chinenye Claytor
- Academic and Corporate Relations Director - Angela Paine
- Professional Certifications Director - Michael Shukaitis
- Young Professionals Director - Sarah Luiz
- Marketing and Communications - OPEN
- Director At Large - Steven Adler
- Director At Large - Richard Herchenreder
- Director At Large - Daniel O’Connell
Currently, the chapter has 653 members who collectively constitute the niche of experts in the Greater Hartford area in domains such as Information Security, IT Governance, IT Audit, Risk Management etc.
As a chapter Board we will strive to continually provide value to our members by conducting periodic educational events, certifications training courses, collaborating with other organizations and conferences to keep our members involved and informed of the latest news and events that matter to them and at the same time collect the necessary CPEs for maintaining their certifications. Additionally, we seek to attract new members, new sectors, and less represented groups in the chapter such as University students/ recent graduates, women, etc.
For our 2020-2021 Board season, we faced new challenges with Covid-19, and we able to continue our pivot from in-person events to virtual. We provided our members with 15 different educational sessions, totaling 137 CPE opportunities. While we do miss our in-person events, virtual events have proved to be just as valuable. So going forward for the 2021-2022 Board season, we will likely have a mix of both. We also had feedback that some members would prefer splitting the training webinars over more than one 8 hour session, so we may see more of that this year, too!
Do you have ideas for webinar/seminar topics or speakers? If so, please let us know. We are also seeking new ideas.
If you missed to Annual General Meeting on June 2, we announced a new policy to help support our unemployed Chapter members, as well as our volunteers. To receive additional information about this program, or to apply for a discounted event please email President@isacact.org
- ISACA Greater Hartford offers attendance vouchers to members in good standing that recently became unemployed from a full-time position
- If you qualify you will get access to up to 2 select chapter events at no cost (up to a $125 value)
- Vouchers are provided on a first come first serve basis and may be limited per event
- Event volunteers, as well as other non-Board member volunteers, may be eligible to attend ISACA GHC events at a discounted rate – and even for no cost in certain circumstances
- Event volunteers are needed to help run events, including opening the Zoom meeting, monitoring the chat window, launching polls, etc. (and for check-in when we return to in-person events)
Note that we will continue our long-standing policy of offering Board Members a 50% discount on most events, and our Board Officers receive most events at no cost. This is quite a motivation to become a Board member or Officer!
On behalf of the chapter Board, I would like to thank you for being valuable members of our Chapter and we look forward to serving you to further promote our chapter, our activities, our membership value, our expertise, and our reach.
We look forward to seeing you at our events, whether in-person or virtual, and we are always open to hearing your valuable comments and suggestions which you can relay to me or to any of the Board members.
Janice Clauer, CISA, CISM, CRISC, CGEIT, CDPSE
President, ISACA Greater Hartford Chapter