Cedar Rapids, Iowa City, Dubuque and Surrounding Area
We cover a radius of 50 miles centered approximately on Tipton, IA, which covers a geographic area that includes Cedar Rapids, Davenport, Dubuque, East Moline, and Iowa City.
Our goal is to provide information and education opportunities to our members, and those interested in pursuing a career in the Information Security, Governance and Risk disciplines.
We sponsor educational seminars and workshops, conduct chapter meetings, and help to further promote and elevate the visibility of the Information Systems (IS) Audit, Governance and Risk professions throughout our entire chapter area which includes Cedar Rapids, the Quad Cities, Iowa City and Dubuque.
The objectives of the Chapter are:
- To promote the education of, and help expand the knowledge and skills of its members in the interrelated fields of auditing, quality assurance, security, IS audit and control, and IT governance;
- To encourage a free exchange of IS audit and control, quality assurance and security techniques, approaches, and problem solving by its members;
- To promote adequate communication to keep members abreast of current events in IS audit and control, quality assurance, and security fields that can be of benefit to them and their employers;
- To communicate to management, auditors, universities, and to IS professionals the importance of establishing controls necessary to ensure the effective organization and utilization of IT resources, and;
- To promote the ISACA's professional certifications.
Your 2023 ISACA ILLOWA Chapter Board Members are:
Karen Brunscheen, President
- Hoang Nguyen, Vice President, Treasurer
- Mary-Jo Lee, Secretary
Julie Hupp, Program Chair
Leonard Stroschein, Marketing Director
Kellie Conner, Web Administrator
Roberto Leone, Communications Director, Academics Relations
Amy Nemmers, Certifications Director
- Solomon M. Smith, Research Liaison
- Julie D. Perkins, Membership Director
- Jacob Sturm, Immediate Past President
The chapter is registered with the state of Iowa as the "ILLOWA ISACA Chapter." Our Annual General Meeting takes place in October, usually comprising the final hour of our Fall Seminar. Nominations for Board positions are taken prior to October. We highly encourage local ISACA members to participate in running and supporting our chapter.