Date: Oct 22, 2020
Time: Program: 3:30 – 5:00pm
Location Name: Zoom Virtual Meeting
Session Title: Detecting Early Signs of Compromise
Session Description: One of the hardest soft skills to master is conflict resolution. Often, we feel stuck when trying to resolve conflict and negotiate an agreement. Compromise may be the best approach.
Professionals adopt a compromising approach when they have an interest in achieving a particular outcome but not to a point where they are willing to invest the time or effort to fully collaborate or compete, or when neither party has an apparent advantage over the other and each possesses mutually exclusive interests, or when the relationship is ongoing and parties must achieve intermediate outcomes in order to move forward while continuing to explore mutually beneficial, enduring solutions at a later time.
Learn how to:
- Present your position to leave room for compromise
- Recognize the phrases signaling signs of compromise
- Respond to others’ counteroffers effectively
Name: Kit Welchlin
Title: President and Professional Motivational Speaker
Company: Welchlin Keynote Presentations
Kit Welchin – Introduction
- Grew up on a hog and dairy farm in southern Minnesota and began public speaking at the age of 9 in a 4-H public speaking contest.
- At age 21 he purchased his first manufacturing company and by age 26 served as C.E.O. and Chairman of the Board of 3 manufacturing companies in 3 states.
- Has a Bachelor of Science Degree in Speech Communication, Business Administration and Political Science.
- Received a Masters Degree in Speech Communication and Business Administration.
- In 1991, Kit started Welchlin Communication Strategies and Seminars On Stress, providing speeches and seminars, to private and public organizations.
- Kit taught part-time for 26 years for the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities, where he received the Teaching Excellence Award and had been repeatedly nominated as Outstanding Faculty.
- He is a Professional Member of the National Speakers Association and has earned the Certified Speaking Professional designation. In 2014, Kit was inducted into the Minnesota Speakers Association Hall of Fame.
- Recently Kit earned the Certified Virtual Presenter designation from eSpeakers.
- He has delivered more than 3,500 speeches and seminars to more than 500,000 people over the past 29 years.