A Little Bit About Our Chapter...
South Carolina Midlands Chapter
The South Carolina Midlands Chapter is headquartered in Columbia, South Carolina.· Training opportunities are presented throughout the year and are open to members and non-members.
PURPOSE & OBJECTIVES
The primary purpose of the chapter is to promote the education of the individual for the improvement and development of his/her capabilities relating to the auditing of and/or management consulting in, or direct management of the fields of IT Governance, IS Audit, security, control and assurance.
More specifically, the objectives of the chapter are:
- To promote the education of, and help expand the knowledge and skills of its members in interrelated fields of IT Governance, IS Auditing, Security, Risk Management and CyberSecurity ;
- To encourage an open exchange of Information Technology (IT) Governance, IS Audit, security control and assurance techniques, approaches, and problem solving by its members;
- To provide adequate communication to keep members abreast of current events in IT Governance, IS Auditing, Security, Risk Management and Cybersecurity, which can be beneficial to them and their employers, and;
- To communicate to Management, to Systems and IT professionals, and to Universities the importance of establishing controls necessary to ensure effective organization and utilization of Information Technology Resources.
- To promoter the Association's professional certifications and IT Governance.