April Chapter Dinner Meeting
Please note due to the Easter Holiday, our April Chapter Dinner Meeting will be held on the second Thursday of April!
Business Control and Risk Manager
US Card, Discover Financial Services
"Current State of Fraud and Cybersecurity in the Credit Card Industry"
Thursday, April 13, 2023
5:30 pm: Registration and Networking
6:15 pm: Buffet Dinner
7:00 pm: Speaker
St. John's Banquet & Conference Center
22001 Northwestern Highway
Southfield, MI 48075
*Dinner Meeting Costs:
Non-Members (1st and 2nd time attending): $36.00
Non-Members (3rd or more times attending: $41.00
*Note: Due to the increase in food costs,
we have increased our meeting costs slightly.
New: In order that we have the correct amount of food for dinner, advance registration is requested. Please note that those who register after Wednesday, April 12th and walk-ins will be charged an additional $5.00 to their registration fee.
**Notice: Our monthly meetings are open to anyone who would like to attend. However, after two meetings, you will be asked to join our Chapter. Chapter Dues are $50.00 per year. If you choose not to join our Chapter, you are still welcome to attend, but the Chapter Dinner Meeting cost will be $41.00.
About the Presentation: Current State of Fraud and Cybersecurity in the Credit Card Industry Discussion Points:
- Best practices and measures that credit card companies and financial institutions can take to prevent and mitigate fraud and cyber threats.
- Discussion on real-world examples of fraud and cybersecurity incidents in the credit card industry and the lessons learned.
- The latest technologies and solutions that can be used to improve fraud and cybersecurity in the credit card industry.
- How credit card companies, financial institutions, and other stakeholders can collaborate and share information to better address fraud and cybersecurity challenges.
- Action plan for implementing the best practices, technologies, and solutions
About the Speaker: Ketra is a regulatory, compliance, and risk management professional with over twenty years of experience in bank operations, compliance, and auditing. Ketra has a Bachelor of Science in Corporate Finance from Wayne State University and an MBA from the University of Phoenix. Ketra is a Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager from the American Bankers Association.
Currently, she works as a Business Control and Risk Manager with Discover Financial Services. Ketra is the Co-Chairman for Target 3, Building Your Economic Legacy, Financial Secretary for the Omega Epsilon Omega of Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc and the Director of Urban Financial Services Coalitions – Detroit Chapter. Also, Ketra is a Trustee and on the finance committee at Greater Grace Temple in Detroit, MI. Recently, she was appointed to the Wayne Count Ethics Board of Michigan, with her term expiring in 2024. Ketra enjoys spending time with her family, traveling, and teaching various topics on financial literacy.