The Membership Committee shall promote interest in the Chapter, and in the Association, and conduct an ongoing membership campaign. When requested by the Association, the local Chapter, through its membership committee, shall receive and forward applications for membership to the Association. This committee will advise the board on strategies and tactics to grow membership and engagement within the Chapter. Members of this committee shall be appointed by the Chapter Board and should be selected in a manner so as not to have a conflict of interest (example: the Treasurer shall not be part of the audit committee).
Nominations (Elections - only February through May)
The Nominating Committee is responsible for facilitating all regular and special elections, including the nominating procedures that precede all election cycles. See below for more details.
**Section 1. Chapter Nominations**
- A Nominating Committee of 3 members shall be selected by the Chapter Board no later than the end of February.
- The Nominating Committee shall solicit candidates for office from the Chapter membership and shall nominate candidates for offices to be filled at the annual general meeting.
- The Nominating Committee shall report to the membership at the regular meeting in April.
- Nominations from the floor shall be permitted prior to the election on the day the election is held.
- Each candidate shall have consented to serve and shall have completed a Willingness to Serve agreement and Conflict of Interest form.
**Section 2. Chapter Elections**
- Officers shall be elected by paper or electronic ballot at the annual general meeting.
- In the event there is only one candidate for any office, voting on that office may be by acclamation.
Members of this committee shall be appointed by the Chapter Board and should be selected in a manner so as not to have a conflict of interest (example: the Treasurer shall not be part of the audit committee).