Date: August 8, 2019
Great Opportunities. Great People.
One Company, Infinite Possibilities.
Are you a talented, motivated individual who thrives in an environment powered by entrepreneurial spirit and an inspired vision for the future? We want you on our team!
WHO WE ARE:
ATCO is a diversified global corporation delivering comprehensive solutions and service excellence in Structures & Logistics (workforce housing, innovative modular facilities, construction, site support services, and logistics and operations management); Energy Infrastructure (electricity generation, transmission, and distribution; natural gas transmission, distribution and infrastructure development; energy storage and industrial water solutions; and electricity and natural gas retail sales); Transportation (ports and transportation logistics); and Commercial Real Estate. ATCO is community-based with global reach and, over the course of our 70-year history, we’ve worked in more than 100 countries developing reliable integrated solutions. Our history has been shaped by imagination, courage, perseverance, and integrity – qualities that we seek in all potential employees. To learn more about what makes ATCO a one of a kind employer click here to see all that we have to offer.
Under the direction and leadership of the Senior Manager, Technology Audit, we are seeking a Full-time, Permanent Senior Data Analytics and IT Internal Auditor to join our Internal Audit and Internal Controls departments in Edmonton, AB. The Senior Data Analytics and IT Internal Auditor is responsible for planning and executing data analytics activities undertaken by the Internal Audit department and information technology (IT) related audits. The responsibilities related to data analytics include performing fraud-related data analysis projects, assisting other members of Internal Audit in the application of data analytics, and using data analysis techniques to support ATCO’s business objectives. The incumbent is also responsible for planning and executing audits, working in partnership with corporate information technology and cybersecurity functions and ATCO’s business to address risks and improve business processes.
- Plans and executes data analytics for projects with a focus on fraud detection; adequacy of controls; compliance with corporate policies, procedures and regulatory requirements; and improvements in the effectiveness of business operations.
- Prepares documentation of the data analytics performed to provide a complete audit trail for all phases of work - acquisition and cleansing/preparation of data, design and use of data analysis techniques, investigation and reporting of results.
- Promotes greater use of data analytics within ATCO by educating members of the Internal Audit department as well as business management on the benefits of employing these techniques.
- Develops innovative reporting techniques that allow customers to explore the underlying data interactively (e.g. dashboards, visualization).
- Evaluates risks faced by ATCO in an Oracle cloud environment where there are multiple participants providing computing services to the organization and controls are less visible
- Evaluates risks and controls associated with the provision of IT services by multiple third-party service providers
- Provides advisory services to IT management and ATCO businesses regarding systems and application design, architecture, implementation and upgrade, contracts with third-party service providers, and the digital modernization of ATCO’s engagement with customers
- Evaluates the architecture of ATCO’s proposed IT infrastructure and works with management to ensure that technologies and services are integrated with corporate strategy
- Evaluates risks and opportunities associated with the introduction of new technologies, such as analytics, robotics, artificial intelligence and blockchain, into ATCO’s business and technology environment
- Performs data analysis as requested by business management and participates in confidential investigations as directed by Internal Audit management.
- Assists the Office of the Chief Information Officer (OCIO) and Office of the Chief Information Security Officer (CISO) in the development of appropriate IT processes and controls by providing professional, expert advice on the interpretation of policies and procedures and industry best practices for management controls and IT operations.
- Develops data analytic standards, strategies and procedures in support of audits, investigations and fraud detection projects.
- Excellent knowledge of risk management principles and methodologies
- Demonstrated ability to stay abreast of a rapidly changing technology landscape
- Proven experience in developing substantive and control-based audit plans
- Knowledge of Institute of Internal Auditors standards
- Able to clearly articulate identified problems and findings to auditee senior management and facilitate problem resolution
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills with the ability to see the big picture and interpret and assess the short- and long-term impacts of actions and strategies
- Strong pattern recognition, predictive modelling and investigative skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills with the ability to develop relationships easily and effectively across a broad range of internal and external parties
- High level of personal integrity and standard of conduct
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum 7 years of audit experience either in public practice and/or industry with at least 3 years of data analytics experience
- An undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Accounting, Finance, Operations Management, or Engineering
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) would be an asset
- Strong knowledge of IT standards such as NIST, NERC-CIP and Cloud Security Alliance
- Knowledge of Python, R, PowerBI, SAS, SPSS, Tableau, Hadoop or other data analysis, statistical packages and visualization tools is also beneficial
- Strong working knowledge of Arbutus, ACL or IDEA is required.
- Working knowledge of Oracle and SQL is beneficial
We would like to thank everyone for their application; however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.
Final candidates will be required to undergo a Security Clearance Check.
ATCO is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
For more details about the position and to apply, please follow this link to the job posting on ATCO’s website.