How attackers deploy ransomware and how to defend against it.
April 19, 2023
12pm - 1pm
Ransomware is a global issue that costs organizations across every corporate vertical billions of dollars each year. Industries have been significantly impacted over the past year, with malicious actors capitalizing on the fear and panic surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic.
Join Wolf’s Lead Penetration Tester Joe Sarkisian for an informative session detailing the anatomy of a ransomware attack, how it could negatively affect your organization, and tips for prevention and protection.
- Actionable remediation strategies to mitigate the effects of an attack
- How to identify and remediate gaps in your current security controls
- Techniques to institute strong security controls to prevent your organization from falling victim to an attack
**1 CPE will be granted for attendance**
JOE SARKISIAN, OSCP, GWAPT, GCPN
Joe serves as a Manager on Wolf & Company’s Information Technology (IT) Assurance Team. Joe is responsible for coordinating and conducting penetration testing services for clients in a variety of industries including financial, healthcare, and software. His expertise consists of internal and external network penetration testing, social engineering, vulnerability assessments, Microsoft Windows security and management audits, and general information security and controls. Joe has extensive experience conducting penetration testing audits and is pursuing ethical hacking certifications from industry-recognized organizations like the SANS Institute and Offensive Security.
- SANS Institute, GIAC Advisory Board
- Master of Science in Information Security from Northeastern University
- Master of Science in International Relations from University of Massachusetts, Boston
- Bachelor of Arts in Political Science from Arizona State University
Upon registration, a Zoom link will be sent from firstname.lastname@example.org to the email address used to register. Please check your Junk Folder if you do not see the registration confirmation.