Possible CPE Credit: 1 CPE for full attendance
Format: Online Webinar
Navigating the Challenges of Auditing AI: Skills, Risks, and Regulation
As AI becomes an integral part of various industries, the need to assess and audit its performance, security, and potential biases becomes paramount. In less than 10 months, the adoption of AI has skyrocketed, reaching over $100 billion in investments, globally. However, the excitement surrounding its benefits is tempered by government regulations (in the form of a White House Executive Order in October 2023), and the broad realization that AI systems are not infallible and may introduce complexities such as biased outputs, data inaccuracies, and legal implications.
This presentation explores the evolving landscape of AI adoption, the hidden risks within algorithms and data, and the challenges of auditing AI systems. It delves into the risks associated with AI technologies, and the emerging frameworks designed to protect companies from AI related data breaches. The audience will gain insights into the shifting demands on audit teams and their clients, the challenges of AI audits, and the specialized skill sets for effective assessment.
- Understand the rapid adoption and impact of generative AI on industries, with a focus on the challenges faced by audit teams.
- Identify the emerging skills required for auditing AI, encompassing data and computer sciences, and machine learning.
- Examine the shift in audit methodologies from traditional approaches to adaptive, next-gen AI capabilities.
- Discuss practical steps for audit planning, including engagement scope, skill set identification, and considerations for data transparency and privacy.
- Highlight the potential consequences for organizations that fail to address the advancements, flaws, and complexities of AI design in their audit processes.
Jin Chang is the CEO and Co-founder of Fieldguide, the leading provider of AI and Cloud solutions for Advisory and Audit practitioners. As a former EY practitioner, Jin is passionate about helping advisory and audit firms grow faster and more profitably, which led him to found Fieldguide and build the software he wished he had in the field. Fieldguide is a three-time winner of CPA Practice Advisor’s Technology Innovation Award and three-time winner of Accounting Today’s Top New Products. Jin has been named to Accounting Today’s “Ones to Watch” by Accounting Today based on his leadership and vision for AI-powered technology within the CPA profession. He holds an MBA from UC Berkeley’s Haas School of Business, and a Bachelors of Science from the University of Southern California. Based in San Francisco, he enjoys mentoring startup founder-operators and is passionate about sampling coffee from around the globe.