***Last Day to Register: October 25th***
Dates: November 1-2, 2023
Time: 8:00am to 5:00pm Central Time
Location: Virtual with a Live Instructor
CPE: 16 (2 days)
ISACA Non-Member Pricing: $700
ISACA Member Pricing: $675
Note: Students are expected to attend class with video enabled to be eligible
for CPE credits.
- All non-members of ISACA must create a free account and log in during registration.
- You can create an ISACA account here if you do not already have one.
This course covers cybersecurity risks, control design and protection measures, cybersecurity program execution, warning signs, audit and investigative techniques.
1. Cybersecurity Overview
- Cybersecurity Key Concepts
- Cybersecurity Frameworks, Standards and Regulations Overview
- NIST Frameworks and Standards
- Industry Frameworks (PCI, HIPAA, CIS CSC, ISO/IEC)
- Cybersecurity Oversight, Governance & Compliance
- Security Policies
- Security Risk Management Overview
- Threat Analysis
2. Cybersecurity Protection Techniques
- Defending Business Assets Overview
- Identity and Access Management
- Authentication and Authorization
- Vulnerability and Patch Management
- Security Awareness
- Physical & Personnel Security
- Network Defenses & Access Controls
- EndPoint and System Security Configuration & Protection
- Application Security
- Cloud & Virtualization Security
3. Auditing Cybersecurity
- The Auditor's Role
- CISO's Role
- Establishing Audit Scope
- Building the Audit Plan
- Cybersecurity evaluation methods
- Vulnerability Assessments, Scanning and Testing
- Penetration Testing
- Security Maturity Models (Capability Maturity Model [CMM])
- Auditing using NIST frameworks
- Auditing with other security frameworks and standards (ISO)
- Auditing PCI DSS
- Cybersecurity Auditing Examples
4. Audit Evidence and Reporting
- Collecting and Organizing Cybersecurity Evidence
- NIST Reporting Requirements
- Prioritizing Risks and Influencing Decisions
Rob Clark, Jr., Chief Audit & Compliance Officer (CCEP, CIA, CBM, CVP)
Rob Clark, Jr., Chief Audit & Compliance Officer for Howard University, is a nationally recognized authority in internal audit, risk management, compliance and with over 30 years of industry experience. He is a highly rated and engaging speaker and instructor with a gift of being able to connect with his audience in an impactful way. He has created numerous audit classes through ACI Learning and is a frequently requested instructor.
He joined Howard in July 2020 and has been leading the internal audit and compliance team to implement best practices. Prior to HU, he served as the Chief Audit & Compliance Officer at Clark Atlanta University. Prior to that he served as the Chief Audit Executive at Georgia Tech and the University of Nebraska, and Audit Manager at Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
He has held leadership positions as President of the Association of College and University Auditors (ACUA); President and now Board Member of the Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA)- Atlanta Chapter. He has served as a teaching faculty member of the IIA, the College Business Management Institute (CBMI), ACI Learning, and has been a highly sought-after speaker for dozens of organizations such as ACUA, The IIA, AGA, DCSHRM, NACUBO, EDUCAUSE, The Chronicle of Higher Education, Office of Inspectors General, SACUBO, Federal Reserve, and many others.
He holds professional designations as a Certified Internal Auditor, Certified Compliance and Ethics Professional, Certified Information Systems Auditor, and Certified Business Manager. He is a Board Member of the National Speakers Association – GA; a Certified Virtual Presenter through eSpeakers; a CTM through Toastmasters; and has performed stand-up comedy at the Punchline Comedy Club, Laughing Skull, and numerous other engagements.