Greetings Members of the ISACA Ottawa Valley Chapter,
Here is to a bright 2022-2023, with new successful opportunities. As we slowly exit the COVID crisis, we are in a new world with high inflation, numerous unfilled jobs, and working from home. Last year was a super year with many virtual professional events and we led and co-hosted the virtual 3rd Digital Transformation in Government Conference with 55 speakers and at least 21 CPEs for attendees. Numerous presentations on ISACA were given at academic institutions and we welcomed the new CDSPE practitioners. In fact we broke the 600 member mark, a notable goal for the chapter. The executive pulled together to provide services to our members, and at the Annual General Meeting, we added three new volunteers.
In this trying time, the need for IT governance, audit, cyber-security, risk management, and privacy has never been more important. ISACA certifications are more relevant than ever.
For the 2022/2023 new year we have several goals for the local chapter that your executive is putting in place.
- First we want to promote the ISACA brand and certifications so that they are ubiquitous in RFPs incentivizing individuals to get them and join the chapter.
- Second, we want to provide value to members. Aside from brand promotion, we are using membership dues to bring the members valuable professional seminars and a full set of annual CPEs.
- Third we are collaborating with other professional associations to provide joint monthly seminars and to host a Digital Transformation in Government (DTiG) Conference. Last year we had 55 Speakers from all over the globe. This year we are planning the 4th DTiG conference 13-15 June 2023 as a hybrid conference at UOttawa. From a governance perspective we are trying to reduce the digital transformation project failure rate from 90%.
- Fourth we are rejuvenating our membership by reaching out to both students and members of other professional associations.
- Fifth the highly experienced certification directors are reaching out to help people with certification exams preparation and career advice. They are a valuable asset and I recommend that members take advantage of them. They are more than willing to help and mentor.
I would personally like to thank the executive for their outstanding work and effort and we are all looking forward to a challenging year ahead. From the membership, we are always looking for new ideas and volunteers. Please feel free to drop us a note.
Looking forward to a great year and a return to a new normalcy.
Robert Weisman, PhD, PEng, PMP, CD1
President ISACA Ottawa Valley Chapter