The Cyber Security Special Interest Group (“Cyber SIG”) was announced by Steven Sim (ISACA President) during GTACS 2022 with the following structure:
· Voluntary SIG of individuals in cyber security space
· Run by Chair and Advisors
· Fostering network of cyber security professionals
· Specialist leaders to engage with Industry, Government and Academia
Ajay Kumar (Seminar Director, ISACA Singapore Chapter) was appointed the first chair of the Cyber SIG. The Cyber SIG has the following areas of interest:
· Linkages with cyber security stakeholders
· Channel for collaboration
· Policy deliberation
· Development of industry
· Capacity building
· Creating resources
· Exchange of ideas and learning
· Community building
· Bridging skills gap
· Capabilities in cyber security
· Strengthen ISACA Singapore Chapter's position and role as the leader in cyber security
Engagements by Cyber SIG
· Thought leadership
· Global best practices
· Use cases and case studies
· White papers, blogs and events
· Market trends in cyber security
Events and workshops
The Cyber SIG was launched via a virtual event by Steven Sim (ISACA President) and Ajay Kumar (Chair, Cyber SIG) on 12 January 2023 in the presence of our Guest-of-Honour, BG Gaurav Keerthi (Dy CEO, CSA Singapore).
The SIG had a second event on 26 April 2023 on ChatGPT in Cyber Security that was attended by more than 100 members.
SIG is collaborating with the Singapore Institute of Technology (SIT) to deliver its third event on 25 May 2023 on “Cybercrime, Cyber Security Technologies and Quantum Computing”. For more details, please refer to the link.
To participate in Cyber SIG events
For ISACA members who are interested in participating in Cyber SIG activities, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.