Senior Internal Auditor
At BCIT, putting people at the core of everything we do is paramount. This idea is the foundation of BCIT’s People Vision, which describes the Institute’s goals and priorities in respect to our people. In a complex and uncertain world, it’s vital our people feel valued, supported and connected. BCIT champions a culture of innovation and global progress through people’s imagination and creativity. With a competitive compensation package, great work-life balance, and career advancement opportunities, see why we’ve earned the title of one of BC’s Top Employers for over ten years running.
Who Are We:
BCIT values diverse experiences, ideas, cultures and perspectives and is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace. As an equal opportunity employer, we encourage applications from members of all groups experiencing barriers to equity. If you require accessibility accommodations during any part of the application or hiring process, please contact RecruitmentAssistant@bcit.ca so we can best support you. Please note that all applications must be submitted via the careers page portal, email applications will not be accepted.
The British Columbia Institute of Technology acknowledges that our campuses are located on the unceded traditional territories of the Coast Salish Nations of xwməθkwəy̓əm (Musqueam), Sḵwx̱wú7mesh (Squamish), and səl̓ilwətaɁɬ (Tsleil-Waututh).
BCIT’s Internal Auditor department is seeking a regular, full-time (1.0 FTE) Senior Internal Auditor. This position is responsible for performing a wide range of assurance and advisory engagements to support effective governance, risk management and control processes. The Senior Internal Auditor will design and perform a variety of complex, large-scale risk-based audits to determine the appropriateness and effectiveness of controls while championing best practices throughout the Institute.
This position ensures ongoing knowledge and understanding of the operating environment and related risks to the attainment of organizational objectives.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plans and conducts internal audit engagements in accordance with the internal audit plan.
- Designs appropriate audit programs/procedures to evaluate and provide independent assessments of the efficiency and effectiveness of operations, systems and processes; adequacy of internal controls; and verification on the Institute’s compliance to regulations, standards, and policies.
- Performs audit procedures, including identifying and defining issues, developing criteria, reviewing and analyzing evidence, and documenting client processes and procedures.
- Conducts interviews, reviews documents, develops and administers surveys, composes summary memos, and prepares working papers.
- Provides value-added recommendations, i.e. prepares reports on the adequacy and effectiveness of governance and controls and provides recommendations for improvements that are insightful and practical.
- Collaborates with the Director Enterprise Risk & Internal Audit (the Director) in developing the annual risk-based 3-Year Internal Audit Plan (the Audit Plan) and developing material for periodic updates to the Audit and Finance Committee (AFC) on the progress against the Audit Plan.
- Provides consulting services to evaluate and assess new or significant business process or technology changes, and promotes the establishment of best practices.
- Conducts special investigations as required by the AFC and/or senior management.
- Establishes and maintains the department’s audit universe by providing periodic updates based on engagements completed and other information gathered on the Institute’s operational risks.
- Communicates or assists in communicating the results of audit and consulting projects via written reports and oral presentations on a timely basis to management and the board of governors.
- Represents internal auditing on organizational project teams, at management meetings, and with external organizations.
- Keeps abreast of best practices in governance, risk management and control processes and recommending continuous improvement.
- Chartered Professional Accountant (CA/CGA/CMA) designation required with five years of experience in an internal or external audit or equivalent environment.
- Certification as a Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), Certified Information System Security Professional (CISSP), Risk Management Assurance (CRMA), or Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE) designation considered an asset, and preference will be given to applicants with these additional certifications.
- Strong knowledge of internal control and risk management principles; generally accepted accounting principles; auditing procedures; auditing standards and professional ethics.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with proven ability to build strong and trusting relationships throughout the organization including senior management.
- Proven ability to:
- Act as a project team lead by performing audits from start to finish (planning, execution, and reporting) on various types of projects with multiple objectives and overlapping deliverables, monitoring progress against schedule and deliverables.
- Succinctly and simplistically articulate complex and lengthy matters while highlighting important issues and priorities.
- Utilize critical thinking skills to understand and analyze issues and identify root causes and effective solutions.
- Communicate effectively, both written and verbal, providing independent expression of opinions and thoughts in an organized and concise manner.
- Build solid working relations with all employee levels, including senior managers. Work collaboratively and listen to the issues of others in a manner that elicits cooperation and support, and ability to influence improvement.
- Multi-task and manage several ongoing projects while prioritizing deadlines, applying excellent time-management, organizational and analytical skills.
- Consistently exercise a high level of professional judgement and independence.
Benefits – Why you’d love working with us
Senior Security Analyst
- Competitive pay
- Minimum of twenty-five days of vacation
- Competitive employer-paid extended health and dental plan – take a look at our benefit plans!
- Defined benefitpension plan with employer contributions
- Flexible hybrid work arrangements available
- Professional Development funds and resources
- Access to most BCIT PTS courses free of charge
- Wellness and Employee Assistance programs
- Complimentary membership with free access to the Fitness Centre, Gymnasium, and more!
@ Ministry of Citizens’ Services (Victoria or Vancouver)
$72,724.97 - $83,014.85 annually
Dedicated to making life better for British Columbians, the Ministry of Citizens’ Services (CITZ) delivers key services that people rely on. CITZ delivers accessible, multi-channel services, through a single-point-of-contact service approach to people in urban and rural communities through Service BC, and delivers the digital face of government at www.gov.bc.ca. CITZ also provides support for the expansion of high-speed internet connectivity throughout the province, leadership across government to modernize information management and technology resources, trusted data services to government agencies, prompt and relevant responses to freedom of information requests, and statistical and economic research, information and analysis to businesses and the public sector.
As a Senior Security Analyst, you will be planning and conducting investigations with ministry, government, and broader public sector scope. You will provide senior level investigative/incident response/forensic/technical leadership and direction to ministry investigative teams. You will also conduct complex digital forensics and threat hunting. In the role, you will also address security incidents and impart authoritative advice about emerging trends, issues and developments in cybersecurity and IT infrastructure from a technical investigation perspective while ensuring proper cyber-evidence collection and management.
Qualifications for this role include:
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Information Technology or related discipline. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Minimum two (2) years’ broad IT/cyber security experience.
- Minimum two (2) years’ experience handling multiple active issues in a high-pressure environment.
- Minimum two (2) years’ experience in incident management and incident response.
- Minimum two (2) years’ experience with current and emerging technology trends, developments and best security industry best practices, current risks and developing threats; IT systems and systems maintenance.
- Experience with TCP/IP and networking fundamentals, network architecture, and security infrastructure's best practices.
- Experience with creating custom code/procedures using industry standard programming languages (e.g., Python or a JVM based language such as Java or Scala).
- A valid class 5 BC driver’s license is required. If you currently do not have a valid driver's (full) license in Canada and if you are the successful applicant, you must acquire a valid BC driver's (full) license immediately.
For more information and to apply online by November 22, 2022, please go to: https://bcpublicservice.hua.hrsmart.com/hr/ats/Posting/view/93440
@ Ministry of Citizens’ Services
This position may be performed in other approved locations within the Province of BC. For information about a specific location, applicants must contact the Hiring Manager.
$66,557.72 - $75,884.38 annually plus 6.6% Temporary Market Adjustment
The Ministry of Citizens’ Services delivers accessible, multi-channel services, through a single-point of-contact service approach to people in urban and rural communities through Service BC and delivers the digital face of government at www.gov.bc.ca. The Enterprise Services provides cost effective management and supply of Information Management/Information Technology (IM/IT) services such as data and voice networks, workstations and mobile devices, messaging and collaboration services, information security, data centre and application hosting, and enterprise architecture.
The Technical Analyst provides integration support for clients’ business critical technology systems within Access and Directory Management Services’ (ADMS) identity, authentication and access management services by analysing client requirements, providing expert advice, configuring access polices on behalf of clients, and working collaboratively with stakeholders to diagnose and resolve complex integration problems.
Qualifications for this role include:
- Related degree or diploma (diploma must be a minimum of 2 years) in the computer science field. An equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered.
- Minimum three (3) years’ experience in a technical operations role supporting a complex application or mid-tier service environment within a complex network environment for a large, diverse, business enterprise.
- Minimum two (2) years’ recent experience supporting an application or mid-tier service on an Apache/Redhat platform. Experience must include, but not limited to, regularly applying patches, regular maintenance upgrades and participating in the implementation of major upgrades.
- Minimum one (1) year experience in a technical operations role supporting either of the following:
o SiteMinder Policy Servers, or
o Applications or products with SiteMinder Agents integrated with a SiteMinder Policy Servers.
- Minimum of one (1) year experience developing programming scripts to automate operational processes
For more information and to apply online by November 22, 2022, please go to: https://bcpublicservice.hua.hrsmart.com/hr/ats/Posting/view/93547
Cloud Identity and Access Management Architect
@ Ministry of Citizens’ Services
This position may be performed in other approved locations within the Province of BC. For specific information about a location, applicants must contact the Hiring Manager to confirm if working from that location could be considered.
$79,530.36 - $90,884.16 annually plus 9.9% Temporary Market Adjustment
Dedicated to making life better for British Columbians, the Ministry of Citizens’ Services (CITZ) delivers key services that people rely on. CITZ delivers accessible, multi-channel services, through a single-point of-contact service approach to people in urban and rural communities through Service BC and delivers the digital face of government at www.gov.bc.ca.
The Cloud Identity and Access Management Architect will be responsible for leading the implementation, maintenance and evolution of the Province’s Microsoft Azure Cloud based Identity, Access Management and Security services. As a leader in Cloud Identity and Access Management, this role will be responsible for overseeing the management, continued evolution and adoption of Microsoft Azure Identity, Access Management and Zero Trust based services and best practices for the Province’s existing Microsoft Azure Cloud environments that house the Province’s Cloud based critical applications, data and Single Sign on (SSO) integrated services.
Qualifications for this role include:
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in the information security, cyber security, information systems, computer science or related field, and six (6) years of recent (within last 10 years) related experience; OR
- Diploma in the information security, cyber security, information systems, computer science or related field, and eight (8) years of recent (within last 10 years) related experience; OR • An equivalent combination of education, training and recent (within the last ten (10) years) related experience may be considered.
- Recent (within the last ten (10) years related experience must include:
o Experience supporting Identity and Access Management (IAM) services in a single sign on environment.
o Experience translating complex functional, technical, security and business requirements into architectural designs or plans.
o Experience working in complex information technology environments.
o Experience with developing process definition/mapping, workflow design and architecture diagrams.
o Demonstrated experience in the ability to create documentation / technical content. • Minimum of two (2) years of recent experience as an Azure technical Architect implementing Azure zero trust services (MFA, PIM, Conditional Access Policies, Guest Account Entitlement Management, Azure AD, etc.)
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience managing on premise Microsoft Active Directory or Microsoft Azure Active Directory in an enterprise setting.
For more information, and to apply online by November 22, 2022, please go to: https://bcpublicservice.hua.hrsmart.com/hr/ats/Posting/view/93552Posting published on: November 6th, 2022
@ WorkSafeBC (Richmond)
Duration: Permanent, Full Time
Location: Richmond BC
Deadline date: December 2, 2022
We're looking for an internal auditor to join our Internal Audit team.
Reporting to an internal audit manager, the internal auditor is responsible for the timely performance of, assistance with, and support of a variety of internal audit functions within WorkSafeBC. The Internal Auditor will, on occasion, be designated as the Auditor-In-Charge (AIC) for small audit assignments or internal audit department projects. The internal auditor must exercise discretion and tact when handling confidential and sensitive information relating to overall WorkSafeBC policies and operations, specific divisions and departments, WorkSafeBC personnel, and/or clients. The internal auditor must exercise significant professional judgment regarding the interpretation of issues and requirements in an environment of change and complexity.
As an internal auditor you will:
- Perform audit procedures/documentation in accordance with department standards and the International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing
- Present information in oral and written format to clients
- Challenge current practices and evaluate opportunities for improvement
We're looking for someone who can:
- Perform work in a systematic and disciplined approach in accordance with standards
- Be detail oriented, think critically, analyze information, and solve problems
- Ensure that information used in decision making is relevant, accurate and sufficient
- Communicate clearly and concisely, listen actively, and accurately explain, document, and summarize information both verbally and in writing
- Organize and prioritize workload, participate fully as a team player, and discuss feedback/constructive criticism with an open and positive attitude
- Learn new software applications quickly and effectively
- Pursue professional development and apply relevant learning opportunities
Your experience and educational background:
- A bachelor's degree, or a Certified Professional Accountant (CPA), or a Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), or a Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), or other IT certifications/designations (i.e., CISSP, CISM)
- A minimum of 27 months of related work experience in one or more of the following areas – auditing, finance/accounting, IT systems/security, experience entitling claims benefits or setting wage rate in accordance with policies and procedures, or other fields of business
- General knowledge of risk and internal control concepts
- Working knowledge of MS Office (intermediate Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Other related education and work experience may be considered
You must submit your application by 4:30 pm on the closing date of the competition.
If you require an accommodation in the assessment process, please email Recruitment Testing Accommodation (SM) at the time you submit your application.
Who are we?
At WorkSafeBC, we're dedicated to promoting safe and healthy workplaces across British Columbia. We partner with workers and employers to save lives and prevent injury, disease, and disability. When work-related injuries and diseases occur, we provide compensation, and support injured workers in their recovery, rehabilitation, and safe return to work. We also work diligently to sustain our workers compensation system for today and future generations. We're honoured to serve the 2.4 million workers and 245,000 registered employers in our province.
WorkSafeBC requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. In implementing the policy, WorkSafeBC will consider its obligations to accommodate those staff who are unable to be vaccinated.
We recognize that our ability to make a difference relies on building a team with a rich variety of skills, knowledge, backgrounds, abilities, and experiences, and which reflects the diversity of the people we serve. We are committed to fostering a welcoming, inclusive, and supportive work culture where everyone can contribute as their best, authentic self. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply.
What's it like to work at WorkSafeBC?
It's challenging, stimulating and hugely rewarding. Our positions offer tremendous diversity and excellent opportunities for professional growth. Every day, the work we do impacts people and changes lives. What we do is important and so are the people we do it for.
Being part of WorkSafeBC means being part of a strong, committed team. Along with a competitive salary : $31.30 - $36.19/hour, your total compensation package includes vacation, optional leave arrangements, health care and dental benefits and contributions toward your retirement pension. We also offer continuous learning opportunities, leadership development programs, and tuition reimbursement to make your career at WorkSafeBC rewarding . As a member of our team, you'll have access to services and benefits that can help you get the most out of work — and life.
We've adopted a hybrid model offering opportunities to work remotely within BC and onsite based on the operational needs of the position.
Learn more about what we offer.
You will be required to successfully meet WorkSafeBC's requirements with regards to a criminal record clearance.
This position is restricted to those legally entitled to work in Canada.
Please apply online at: https://rita.illicohodes.com/go/636293720e673991842eaa03/5e53db12eb8ff10590c72680/en
Posting published on: November 6th, 2022
Cloud Security Architect
@ Ministry of Citizens' Services (Victoria)
Salary Range: $79,530.36 - $90,884.16 annually plus 9.9% Temporary Market Adjustment
The Cloud Security Architect leads The Province’s Cybersecurity program to protect governments information assets by designing and driving highly secure and compliant cloud computing architectures and implementations for B.C. Governments cloud platforms.
This role will be part of a cloud architecture team that works closely with stakeholders, key infrastructure technology teams and business units to establish and provide guidance on secure development and migrations to the cloud. This position develops and implements enterprise information security architectures and solutions and services as a security expert, assisting clients to comply with enterprise and IT security policies, industry regulations, and best practices.
- Degree in the information security, cyber security, information systems, computer science or related field, and 6 years of recent (within last 10 years) related experience; OR
- Diploma in the information security, cyber security, information systems, computer science or related field, and 8 years of recent (within last 10 years) related experience; OR
- An equivalent combination of education, training and recent (within last 10 years) related experience may be considered.
- Experience leading the development, implementation, and operation of enterprise security architecture in both on-prem and cloud environments (e.g., IaaS (Infrastructure as a Service), PaaS (Platform as a Service), SaaS (Software As A Service).)
- Experience contributing to security architecture in large initiatives such as cloud adoption and/or cloud migration of security resources.
- Experience analysing security requirements in relation to risks, threats, and vulnerabilities.
- Experience developing risk treatment strategies / recommendations to improve security.
- Experience translating complex functional, technical, security and business requirements into architectural designs or plans.
- Experience working in complex information technology environments.
For more information, and to apply online by October 11, 2022, please go to:
Posting published on: October 8th, 2022