- The privacy practices of ISACA Vancouver’s BC AWARE web site
- The privacy practices of the social media platforms ISACA Vancouver uses
- The privacy practices of ISACA and its other ISACA chapters, which are separate legal entities that – depending on where they are located – may be subject to different laws and requirements than those of ISACA Vancouver
- The privacy practices of our licensees or business partners (such as sponsors, supporters, and vendors)
- Personal information that we collect from or about our vendors, licensees, sponsors, supporters, or volunteers, except in situations where they are considered users of this site
- Any other information about you that is publicly available such as information about Chapter leaders, event presenters, hiring managers, and any information in public blogs or newsletters
Personal Information ISACA Vancouver collects and maintains a variety of personal information, which is recorded information regarding an identifiable individual. Personal information includes things such as an individual’s name, address, email addresses, or phone number.
information to serve you, to suggest products and services that may benefit you, to allow you to interact with other professionals, and to respond to your comments and enquiries (where applicable). ISACA Vancouver is authorized to collect personal information from you through, for example, blog entries or comments, social networking interaction, and email messages. To the extent that information requested is not required for your participation in a given ISACA Vancouver activity, you will be told which information is optional. Should you decide not to provide optional information, certain ISACA Vancouver programs or features may not be available to you. ISACA Vancouver may use personal information to promote products and services in which we believe you may be interested. We may also use your personal information to tailor your experience at our site, to compile and display content and information that we think you might be interested in, and to provide you with content according to such preferences. ISACA Vancouver may also use your profile information on an aggregate basis – without personal identifiers – to provide third parties with information, such as to help us develop new features, content, and security for the site, and to provide sponsors and others with aggregate information about our users and the usage patterns of the site. ISACA Vancouver provides links to social networking and other third party sites. These sites are operated by independent entities that are governed by their own privacy policies. Access to and information you post on these sites are subject to their respective privacy policies and you are encouraged to review and understand those policies.
Sharing and Retention of Personal Information ISACA Vancouver may only disclose your personal information if it is done for the same purpose that it was collected or for purposes that enable the permitted use of your personal information, as described above under “Collection and Use.” ISACA Vancouver will not share your personal information for another purpose unless ISACA Vancouver has your consent to do so. In limited circumstances as permitted by privacy legislation and other laws, ISACA Vancouver may be required, or authorized, by law to disclose your personal information to another party. ISACA Vancouver retains personal information for as long as necessary for its legitimate business purposes, and as otherwise permitted by applicable law.
Security ISACA Vancouver uses reasonable measures to safeguard personal information, which measures are appropriate to the type of information maintained, and follows applicable laws regarding safeguarding any such information under our control. ISACA Vancouver cannot guarantee, however, that your information will remain secure. The Internet by its nature is a public forum, and ISACA Vancouver encourages you to use caution when disclosing information online. You are responsible for protecting your username and password (if required) from third party access, and for selecting passwords that are secure, if you have an account on this web site.
How to Contact Us You can contact ISACA Vancouver to:
- Access your personal information
- Make corrections to your personal information
- File a complaint
Please contact us at: ISACA Vancouver c/o ISACA Vancouver P.O. Box 48894 Bentall Centre Vancouver, BC You may also email us at email@example.com.