Welcome to the ISACA Victoria Chapter. The aim of the Chapter is to sponsor local educational seminars and workshops, conducts regular chapter meetings, and help to further promote and elevate the visibility of the IS audit, control and security profession throughout Victoria.
ISACA (previously the Information Systems Audit and Control Association) is a world wide association of IS governance professionals. The association currently focuses on assurance, security, and governance and provides globally recognized certification in assurance (Certified Information Systems Auditor), security (Certified Information Security Manager), and governance (Certified in the Governance of Enterprise IT).
The association is one of individual members, often the sole practitioner of information systems auditing, security, and/or governance in his or her company. The membership of the ISACA reflects a multiplicity of backgrounds and skills that make the information systems governance field challenging and dynamic.
This chapter is run by volunteers who are ISACA members nominated through ISACA Annual General Meeting (AGM). ISACA members' participations in running the chapter are highly encouraged.
Click here to be added to our ISACA Victoria Chapter mailing list.
The primary purpose of the Chapter is to promote the education of individuals for the improvement and development of their capabilities relating to the auditing of, management consulting in, or direct management of the fields of IT governance, IS audit, cybersecurity, control and assurance.
The objectives of the Chapter are:
- To promote the education of, and help expand the knowledge and skills of its members in the interrelated fields of IT governance, IS audit, cybersecurity, control and assurance;
- To encourage an open exchange of IT governance, IS audit, cybersecurity, control, and assurance techniques, approaches, and problem solving by its members;
- To promote adequate communication to keep members abreast of current events in IT governance, IS audit, cybersecurity, control and assurance that can be of benefit to them and their employers;
- To communicate to management, auditors, universities, and IS professionals the importance of establishing controls necessary to ensure proper IT governance and the effective organization and utilization of IT resources; and
- To support the Association’s professional certifications and IT governance
Our Diversity Statement
The Chapter, with about 200 members that represent organizations of all sizes and sectors in the Victoria area, has a responsibility to be a steward of diversity, openness, and tolerance.
Understanding that we can do more to advance justice, inclusion, and equality, we are committed to:
- Embracing diversity and inclusion in all our event programming;
- Fostering diversity at the Board, Committee, volunteer and membership levels;
- Using our platform and network to lead actions for change in our communities with our members, vendors, speakers, organizational leaders, and other stakeholders we interact with; and
- Enhancing our outreach to local colleges and universities and helping to foster training opportunities for members of our black community and other minority groups.
Our Chapter is committed to being a voice and force for change in the eradication of systematic racism and discrimination in all forms, and we are committed to our vision, mission, values and purpose. Today and every day, we stand together with our black community, other minority groups and members committed to positive change.