We take great strides to ensure our employees have the resources to live well, be healthy, continue learning, develop skills, grow professionally and serve our local communities. We invite you to apply for a career with Blue Cross.
You should know that:
- Jobs are updated and posted daily.
- You must submit your resume online.
- Apply for each position for which you are qualified and interested in.
- You will only be considered for positions for which you apply.
- Resumes are only accepted for posted positions.
- Positions are full-time unless otherwise stated.
- Due to the high volume of applicants, only those most qualified will be contacted.
- We are unable to accept phone calls.
As assigned, responsible for conducting audits and reviews (including special projects) to evaluate the design, testing and implementation of new and existing processes, technologies and financial and operational controls.
Acts as a subject matter expert on information technology, security, risk and control issues and provides consulting services in the selection of new technology solutions.
Accountable for complying with all laws and regulations associated with duties and responsibilities.
Provides support, project management and enhancements to the audit functions within the Corporate Audit Division by completion of the Accountabilities listed below.
NATURE AND SCOPE:
This position reports to the Manager, Audit Consulting Services in the Corporate Office in Baton Rouge, LA.
Activities of Direct Reports:
Depending on the assignment, this position may occasionally have responsibility for staff members for project purposes.
In order to effectively fulfill this position the incumbent must be in contact with:
All levels of internal personnel; providers, subscribers, external auditors, governmental agencies, other Blue Cross plans, and agencies/businesses as needed to obtain information needed.
Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Computer Science, or a business related field is required. Four years of related work experience can be used in lieu of a degree.
Must have a minimum of four years of audit, finance and/or systems experience with a strong working knowledge of risks, controls and the control environment.
Must have working knowledge of business and operations processes and concepts.
Requires strong analytical and organizational abilities.
Must have working knowledge of information technology concepts, practices, terminology, and standards, with ability to actively conduct and/or engage in technology related discussions relative to assignments.
Must have working knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint and other relative software. Requires a broad knowledge of information technology and control concepts and application knowledge of business systems.
CPA, CISA or CIA preferred.
Must have working knowledge of GAAP and accounting principles, including, but not limited to, COSO and COBIT.
Public accounting experience preferred.
Strong communication skills including excellent networking abilities required.
Must be able to act independently and decisively.
Must be able to multi-task and work under deadlines.
Must possess tenacity to pursue difficult and sensitive issues to an acceptable conclusion.
Ability to earn and maintain respect from employees, peers, and managers required.
Must have strong leadership and supervisory skills.
Must have working knowledge of project management concepts and processes.
Defines, executes and manages audits and special projects, as assigned, to ensure completion of the annual audit plan while demonstrating sound judgment and decision making, commitment to tasks, persistence in overcoming obstacles, dependability in difficult circumstances, and a sense of urgency about getting results.
- Effectively communicates audit issues to all levels of management and staff personnel within the area under audit review through the timely issuance of discussion issues and audit reports.
- Assesses and identifies gaps and provides a summary report to the appropriate business areas, as appropriate.
- As appropriate, will be responsible for any audits or special projects, including managing, directing, reviewing and performing procedures, including, but not limited to, those which would otherwise propose a conflict of interest or impairment of independence within the Audit Division to ensure unbiased audit.
When appropriate, directs, monitors, and schedules auditors and tasks to ensure resources are efficiently and effectively used while continuously providing coaching, guidance, and direction.
- As assigned, provide oversight, management and review of external requests from groups, regulatory agencies, internal departments or other external parties to ensure coordination and accuracy of data presented.
Attends formal and informal training sessions and self-study to keep abreast of information technology concepts, industry best practices, security technologies, and auditing and accounting standards
Serves as liaison between Audit Division and other areas of the Company to maintain working relationships with auditees.
- Responsible for accumulation and analysis of surveys in order to determine if Corporate Audit is meeting expectations and needs of auditees.
- Perform assessments to determine needs, requests and requirements of auditees, including requests for consulting services and special projects.
- Attend oversight and standing meetings to determine level and timing of audit involvement.
Assists in the development and responsible for on-going quality assurance. Participates and assists with coordination and completion of the annual risk assessment process, including timelines, meetings, updates, and presentation to CAE, with recommendations for projects and work plan to be presented to the Audit Committee of the Board of Directors to ensure coordination and accuracy of data presented.
- Complete internal quality assurance of audit process for all audits and projects prior to issuance of final reports.
- Document, assess, identify gaps, prepare remediation and perform follow-up in order to prepare Corporate Audit Division for Quality Assurance Reviews.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable an individual with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Job duties are performed in a normal and clean office environment with normal noise levels.
Work is predominately done while standing or sitting.
The ability to comprehend, document, calculate, visualize, and analyze are required.
Click Here To Apply