ISACA has changed its privacy notice, which is noted below. By continuing to use the site, you agree to the revised terms.
Last Updated: 17 February 2021
This ISACA® privacy notice (“Privacy Notice”) describes how the Information System Audit and Control Association, Inc. (“ISACA”, “we” or “us”) collects, uses, shares, and retains personal information that you provide to us, or that we collect, when you use the ISACA website located at www.isaca.org and other websites owned or controlled by ISACA (the “Sites”) or related mobile applications, use ISACA products and services and complete related forms, participate in ISACA events, or communicate with one of our customer service representatives (“Personal Data”).
Please note that if you disagree with anything in this Privacy Notice, you must not use the Sites or mobile applications, or provide personal information to us in connection with ISACA’s products or services.
- use ISACA products or services and complete related forms, participate in ISACA events, or communicate with one of our customer service representatives.
Our Site may contain links to third party websites which may have separate privacy policies and data collection.
We collect personal information when you interact with ISACA Services, including
- Join as an ISACA Greater Kansas City chapter member
- Register for virtual, or in-person, chapter events or conferences
- Register to take a certificate or certification exam
- Communicate with ISACA Chapters staff and provide information to us, such as your email address.
Information You Directly and Voluntarily Provide to Us
- Membership. If you provide your personal information to ISACA to become a member and associate with ISACA Greater Kansas City or if you sign up to become a registered user of any Site, you will be required to provide certain information as part of the registration process. This information may include your first and last name, email address, and business or home address. We may also request that you voluntarily provide other information, such as your phone number, date of birth, demographic information, educational background, work experience, information about your non-ISACA certifications, courses or areas of study in which you may be interested and information about your company as it relates to ISACA Services, and local programs and your membership. We use this information to communicate with you, to design content and activities that we believe would be of interest to you, and to ensure that we will not violate any applicable U.S. sanctions in providing you access.We rely on fulfillment of contract as the lawful basis under Article 6, GDPR for processing members’ personal information.
- Third Parties Third parties such as your employer, our training partners or companies controlled by ISACA, may share your data with us related to Continuing Professional Education (CPE) credits.
- Social Media We may collect data about you when you use services on social media, such as your username and email.
- Payment Processors We use third party payment processors who fully comply with PCI requirements. As such, your online payment data is not captured, stored or used by us.
Information You Provide to Payment Processors. All payments made to us are processed by a PCI/DSS-compliant payment processing service. All information collected by these third-party providers for purposes of processing your payments is not available to us, unless you have otherwise provided this information to us.
Why We Collect Your Information
We use your data to provide our services to you, respond to you, advise you of other services, and to personalize your experience.
How We Share Your Information
We share your data only with those who need access or those to whom you have provided consent.
We take reasonable measures to ensure your data is safe.
We take reasonable measures to protect any personal information we may hold in order to prevent loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. In some areas of our platforms, we may use encryption technologies to enhance data privacy and help prevent loss, misuse, or alteration of the information under ISACA or the chapter’s control.
We cannot guarantee, however, that all information will remain secure. The Internet by its nature is a public forum. We encourage you to use caution when disclosing information online. You are responsible for protecting your login ID and password from third-party access, and for selecting passphrases that are secure and storing exercising good security practice by not storing passwords or enabling "remember me" browser functionality to store credentials.
- Marketing Communications. If you receive commercial electronic communications from us, you can unsubscribe from the receipt of future commercial electronic communications from us by clicking on the “unsubscribe link” provided in such communications. Please note that even though you have opt-out of receiving marketing-related communications from us, including meeting invites. We may still send you important administrative messages.
- Subscriptions. You may manage your subscriptions by subscribing or unsubscribing at any time.
- Access and Correction. You have the right to review and correct personal information that we have collected from you. ISACA KC uses ISACA membership information to contact you unless you notify us and provide updates. You may exercise this right by contacting us or ISACA as indicated in the “Contact Us” section. In your request, please make clear what information you would like to have changed. For your protection, we may need to verify your identity before implementing your request. We will try to implement your request as soon as reasonably practicable. We reserve the right to refuse to act on a request.
Changes and Updates