- Modifications to this Policy
- International Visitors
Our Site is for individuals located in the United States. If you are not a resident of the United States, your country’s data protection laws may differ from those in the United States, and may provide a greater protection. ISACA has over two hundred local chapters throughout the world. To find your local chapter, you can conduct a search on ISACA’s Local Chapters page.
- Collection of Personal Information You Directly Provide
We collect personal information from you when you interact with our Site and when you use our services. We may collect information directly from you through, for example online and offline registration forms for events, exams or meetings.
- Events. We may host events that include in-person and virtual conferences, training, knowledge sharing and webinars. If you register for an event, we may collect the following information from you such as: first name, last name, email address, phone number, business address, the type of business you work for or with, and your role in that business. as well as demographic information such as courses or areas of study in which you may be interested. We use the information you give us to provide you with event services. To the extent the information requested is not required for your participation in a given ISACA Chapter program, you will be told which information is optional. Should you fail to provide optional information, certain ISACA Chapter programs or features may not be available to you. If you are a presenter at one of our events, we will collect information about you such as your name, employer, contact information and photograph, and we may also collect information provided by event attendees who evaluated your performance as a presenter. We may also collect your personal information if you are a committee member, or when you assist with initiatives or projects.
- Communications. If you communicate or correspond with us by email, through postal mail, via telephone or through other forms of communication, we may collect the information you provide as part of those communications. For example, if you correspond with us through email, we may collect and store the email address you use to send the applicable correspondence and use it to respond to your inquiry; to notify you of other ISACA Chapter events; or to keep a record of your complaint, accommodation request, and similar purposes. We may also maintain information about you that you do not directly provide, whether it is information received from third parties, such as business partners who provide exam administration services, or information we collects about your activities. For example, we may keep track of which events you have attended, which exams you have taken, which boards and committees you have served on, and which offices you have held.
- Passive Data Collection – Information We Automatically Collect
As you navigate through and interact with our Site, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your device (computer, tablet, smart phone) and your activities, including:
- If you access our Site through a computer, we may automatically collect information such as your browser type and version, computer and connection information, IP address, mobile device advertising identifier, Media Access Control (MAC) address pages you have visited, type of device, operating system name and version, device manufacturer, browser information (type, version), screen resolution, Internet service provider or mobile carrier’s name, connection speed and connection type, date stamp, URL of the last webpage visited before visiting our Site, and URL of the first page visited after leaving our Site, pages viewed, time spent on a page, click through, queries made, search results selected, comments made, search history, type of service requested, purchases made, and information collected through cookies, pixel tags, and other technologies.
- If you access our Site through a mobile device, we may also be able to identify the location of your mobile device. We use your location information (if shared) to identify the geographic locations from which our content is accessed so that we can better understand what content topics may be most relevant in that region, and to develop resources around those content topics. You may choose not to share your location details with us by adjusting your mobile device’s location services settings.
- Cookies set by the website operator are called "first party cookies". Cookies set by parties other than the website operator are called "third party cookies". The parties that set third party cookies can recognize your web browser both when it visits our Site and when it visits certain other websites where the third party’s cookies are also present.
- Why We Collect Your Information
We will only use your information as described in this Policy or as disclosed to you prior to such processing taking place. We may use your personal information:
To provide our services to you, such as registering you for event or training programs;
To respond to your requests;
To advise you with information about other events or services which we believe may be of interest to you;
To improve our services and to detect, prevent and address technical issues; and
To enforce compliance with our agreements, codes of conduct and this policy.
- Sharing Your Information
We may share your personal information with third parties for legitimate business purposes, including in the following circumstances:
To vendors or third-parties who deliver or provide services or otherwise act on our behalf or at our direction;
To our volunteers and board members to provide our services;
To ISACA and other ISACA chapters, the IT Governance Institute, and if you participate in our “Enterprise Participation Program,” your information will be shared with your organization’s program coordinator;
If you are an event attendee, speaker, or sponsor, certain pieces of your information will be included in the event roster, which roster will be publicly disclosed, and may also be shared with third-party event sponsors and exhibitors;
To investigate potentially fraudulent or questionable activities; and
When we believe it is necessary to cooperate with law enforcement or in response to a government request, including if specifically requested or required, as otherwise permitted by law, and for other valid ISACA Chapter business purposes.
- Data Retention
- Information Security
We use reasonable measures to safeguard your personal information, and follow applicable laws regarding safeguarding such information under our control. We cannot guarantee, however, that your information will remain secure. The Internet by its nature is a public forum, and we encourage you to use caution when disclosing information online. Often, you are in the best situation to protect yourself online. You are responsible for protecting your username and password from third party access, and for selecting passwords that are secure.
- Your Choices
If you receive commercial electronic communications from us, you can unsubscribe from the receipt of future commercial electronic communications from us by clicking on the “unsubscribe link” provided in such communications. To help us keep your personal information up to date, you can request access to and seek to correct the personal information we maintain about you, by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. In your request, please make clear what information you would like to have changed. For your protection, we may need to verify your identity before implementing your request. We will try to implement your request as soon as reasonably practicable. We reserve the right to refuse to act on a request that is manifestly unfounded or excessive (for example because it is repetitive) and/or to charge a fee that takes into account the administrative costs for providing the information or taking the action requested.
- California Residents
- Links to Third-Party Sites
We do not knowingly collect personal information from persons under the age of 16. If you are a parent of a child under 16, and you believe that your child has provided us with information about him or herself, please contact us via the information in the Contact section below.
- Contact Information
Last reviewed/updated: 02/01/2022