Virtual vs in-person events
As of immediate effect, all ISACA Educational Events & Half-day Conferences will be hosted virtually, until further notice. If in-person events will feature again some time in the future, it will be clearly indicated on the event page itself.
Exploring upcoming VIRTUAL events
The best way to view upcoming events is by:
Events are usually published a month or so in advance and you can get an indication of upcoming event dates by referring to this
blog post. Importantly note that these dates are subject to change, and as a reliable source of information we still recommend to keep yourself up to date by following updates advertised on the main page of the site or our mailing list.
Purchasing or reserving tickets to attend events
ISACA Malta Chapter Members:
As in our in-person events, ISACA Malta Chapter members with a membership in good standing will be able to attend our virtual events for free, when quoting their ISACA ID during the ticket reservation process. Non-members:
We have reduced the ticket pricing for non-members by 50% in order to aid those businesses and individuals directly affected by COVID-19.
Yearly Gold Sponsors can claim two free tickets for each event hosted by ISACA Malta Chapter using the promo-code assigned to you during the start of the year.
The ticket reservation & meeting attendance experience is enabled via Eventbrite (for ticket reservations) and Zoom (for meeting attendance).
Locating your event ticket
The Event access ticket will be linked to the email address used during the registration process. Therefore, it is required to have an account on Eventbrite registered with the same email address. We encourage you to log-in to Eventbrite in advance to get accustomed to the user interface, and confirm that your ticket for the upcoming event is at-hand. To locate your event ticket follow these steps:
- Log in to Eventbrite.
- Note: You should be using the account tied to the email address you registered with.
- If you do not have an account, please create one.
- Hover over your user account menu (located at the top-right corner of your screen),
- Select "Tickets" (or browse to your MyTickets page).
- Under the Tickets sub-menu you should be able to see the upcoming event's ticket.
- The event's online page will be accessible via the link located on the ticket itself with text "Go to online event page"
Accessing the virtual event
The meeting attendance is enabled via Zoom (for meeting attendance).
In order to ensure the best user experience possible, Zoom Desktop client is the preferred way to access the event. However, if installing a Zoom desktop client is not possible, Zoom offers a web-client
with limited functionalities.On the day of the event, ideally 5 mins before the event start time follow these steps:
- Locate your ticket's online event page by following the procedure "Locating your event ticket" above.
- Click the Join Now button when it appears. This will only show up at the event start time.
- Your Zoom client should launch and automatically add you to the meeting.
- Note: If you join before the start time you will be placed in the meeting lobby to be checked-in to the event.
- We kindly ask you to be patient until we manually check you in and give you access to the meeting.
Issues & support
If you experience issues during any of the above-mentioned processes, you may reach out to us: