Speak Up with Courage + Confidence!
When: Wed, Dec 16th
Time: 1:30pm to 3:15pm
We are so excited to give you our first SheLeadsTech event of the year! The inspiration for this event came from the Vice Presidential debate, where Kamala Harris and Mike Pence sparred on the world stage. Regardless of political views, women - at some point in their career - will need to be assertive, get their point across, and would have to maneuver tricky situations in order to be an effective leader. This workshop aims to build skills in initiating truly productive conversations that lead to understanding and commitment, rather than discord and distrust.
For more information and registration, please visit the event page. We hope to see you there!
Thank you to our sponsors for supporting this event! In alphabetical order:
- TrendMicro, a global leader in cybersecurity, is passionate about making the world safe for exchanging digital information, today and in the future.
- TMG-emedia, Strategy/Consulting/Managed Services/Development. Get IT Done!
- Netskope - the Netskope security cloud provides unrivaled visibility and real-time data and threat protection when accessing cloud services, websites, and private apps from anywhere, on any device.
The SheLeadsTech (SLT) Committee is a women-focused program which works to increase the representation of women in technology leadership roles and the tech workforce. Powered through a vast global network of women IT professionals dedicated to supporting others, SLT provides women with mentorship, leadership training, and skills training to grow and excel within that industry.
In 2020, the SheLeadsTech Program is run under ISACA's One in Tech Organization. One in Tech is the philantropic entity of ISACA. ISACA believes in supporting and building the technology community beyond its own immediate members, Chapters, clients, and businesses. By investing their own support and infrastructure, and by serving as a catalyst for others to join the One in Tech mission, ISACA is helping build equity, equality, access, and engagement for all communities across the globe.
There are three arms of the overall program:
- "Raising Awareness" will help educate those around us to the issues women face in the tech industry.
- "Preparing to Lead" will support women as they become leaders in their lives and their careers.
- "Building Global Alliances" includes partnering with other organizations.
Women in Technology Spotlight Series