Dear Chapter Members,
I hope you and your loved ones are well, healthy, and safe during this difficult pandemic. COVID-19 is wreaking havoc on our country, especially New York, the home of ISACA New York Metropolitan Chapter. As we continue to alter our daily lives in the face of this pandemic, allow me to say THANK YOU. Thank you for being a member of the New York Metropolitan Chapter and for supporting various membership, educational and social events throughout the year. We miss our chapter members.
As we navigate through these challenging times, our priority is to find opportunities to provide value through quality programs, even amidst this uncertainty and disruption. I am happy to say we have a few virtual events lined up during the months of May and June.
- Education webinar with Dr. Gleb Tsipursky, CEO of Disaster Avoidance Experts; "COVID-19 Coronavirus Pandemic Adaptation and Planning via Neuroscience and Behavioral Economics"
- Half-day Cyber Resilience and Privacy conference in partnership with InfraGard
- Virtual Annual General Meeting (AGM). More information to come!
- Series of Certification exam preparation virtual classes starting in July 2020
- Academic Relations Committee Cybersecurity Case Study Student - Competition and Mentoring opportunities
- Power Hour webinars in partnership with Cyber Security Summit: Our long-standing partner, Cyber Security Summit, will provide a series of power presentations in the coming months starting on May 12th @ 10:30 AM ET thru 12:00 PM. Information can be found on our website.
You will find more information regarding these events in this month’s Newsletter.
2020-2021 Election & Wasserman Award Winner: Election ballots will be available this week and the Wasserman award winner will be announced in the coming weeks.
Certified Data Privacy Solutions Engineer (CDPSE) New! Do not miss the early adoption opportunity. While we are under the “Stay Home” mandate, this can be a great time to level up on your skills, retool and get outside of your comfort zone. ISACA has a new certification, Certified Data Privacy Solutions Engineer (CDPSE) certification launched the week of May 4th. Go to www.isaca.org/cdpse to find out how to apply during the early adoption period. To answer questions, check out Frequently Asked Questions.
Become a Member Before May 31st and Receive a US$50 Voucher: For a limited time, receive a US$50-off voucher to use on ISACA publications, including exam prep materials and will expire on May 31, 2020. Here is how this works: Within 24 hours of joining, you will receive a voucher code in a welcome email.
Calling All New York Metropolitan Chapter Members: As a New Yorker, share your videos/pictures encouraging all New Yorkers to “Wear A Mask”. Consider sharing your story using this link: https://coronavirus.health.ny.gov/node/2871. Consider sending some of your photos to the ISACA New York Metropolitan Chapter (send to: email@example.com , firstname.lastname@example.org). We would love to share your story.
Please stay informed, stay safe and let's try our best to navigate this challenging time together.