ear Chapter Members,
While National Cyber Security Awareness Month is behind us, continue to do your part and be cyber-smart well beyond October 2020. As noted by the Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA) and the National Cyber Security Alliance (NCSA), “This theme encourages citizens to own their role in cybersecurity and do their part in protecting cyberspace”. With the use of virtual platforms, and the need to work and learn remotely, follow these tips on how you can be safe and secure online.
The New York Metropolitan Chapter partnered with several organizations including ISC2, IIA, Infragard, ISACA New Jersey Chapter, ISACA Greater Hartford, and others to support two events during Cybersecurity Awareness Month: Northeast Annual Cybersecurity Summit and the New York Metropolitan Joint Cybersecurity Conference. Both events were well attended and offered several important topics including Cloud Adoption, Business Resiliency, the Impact of COVID-19 in the work environment, DevOps and more. I hope you had an opportunity to attend.
Don’t miss our 1-day CDPSE Privacy by Design review course on November 29th for those who have recently grandfathered this certification. For more information on this and other certifications, look at the appropriate Certification sections in this newsletter. All certification classes are taught by our renown instructor, Jay Ranade. In addition to certification classes, review each section of this newsletter and take advantage of upcoming membership events and top-notch training. Calling all Emerging Professionals!!! Build Your Resume Today & Increase Your Promotability. Sign-up for this Emerging Professionals event.
ISACA GLOBAL, ISACA New York Metropolitan Chapter and NYU Tandon School of Engineering Offer Cybersecurity Learning Opportunity
NYU’s Cyber Fellows program with a 75% discount. If you are interested in applying to the program, click here. A summary of steps required are as follows:
- You will initially be asked to provide an application fee waiver code. Enter NYUTOPARTNER.
- Selectthe MS cybersecurity program. You should answer YES to the next question with regards to applying for Cyber Fellows.
- Lastly, in the Employment History section, you will only have to add your employer (so the enrollment specialist knows you are from a partner organization).
- You will be guided through the rest of the process.
- To learn more, review the link to a NYU Cyber Fellows recording: ISACA / NYU membership benefits presentation featuring the NYU Cyber Fellows program with a 75% discount offered to our members.
Additional NYU Tandon School of Engineering opportunities for ISACA New York Metropolitan Chapter Members:
- Integrated Digital Media MS: invites designers with digital capabilities, engineers with design aspirations, and talented individuals with non-technical backgrounds to explore the social, cultural, ethical, and economic potential of emerging technologies.
- Management of Technology MS: now that technology drives most of the economy, empower your career with the skillsets that integrate critical business decision making with technology. This program positions you for leading roles in operations, IT, HR, consulting, sales, and innovation with higher earning potential than the standard MBA.
- NYU Tandon Bridge course: custom-tailored to individuals with non-STEM academic backgrounds looking to get into cybersecurity and other STEM-related fields at NYU Tandon and our partner institutions.
NYU Tandon will extend a 75% scholarship to all ISACA members who are accepted into the NYU Cyber Fellows Program. Additionally, NYU Tandon will offer 15% off tuition to all other NYU Tandon online or on-campus graduate degree programs. If you have questions or need assistance submitting your application, please reach out to email@example.com or phone at (646) 997-3623.
Continue to stay informed, stay safe, wear a mask, and practice social distancing.CDC Coronavirus Information